Hollywooddreamer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi so i've got an offer for 2015 and i want to apply asap for accommodation i just have some questions:

How does the bed and bistro catering system work? Like do you get a set amount to spend each day??

How far away is parkwood

Parkwood vs keynes, ensuite which is better

And finally for the turing houses it says one bathroom per 2 people.. so how many share a house?

Any info apprwciated!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hollywooddreamer)
Hi so i've got an offer for 2015 and i want to apply asap for accommodation i just have some questions:

How does the bed and bistro catering system work? Like do you get a set amount to spend each day??

How far away is parkwood

Parkwood vs keynes, ensuite which is better

And finally for the turing houses it says one bathroom per 2 people.. so how many share a house?

Any info apprwciated!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
1) Exactly as it says - " The package includes an en suite bedroom and weekday breakfasts and dinners in our flagship bistro, Dolche Vita, located in Keynes College." This is different to Eliot/Rutherford where you're only getting breakfast included in the price (or if you don't have breakfast, £2 off at dinner).

2) It's really not far, a five or so minutes walk and you're by the science buildings/gym. One extra minute or so and you're at the back of the library

3) It's very subjective, both have their pros and cons. Both sets of flats are very nice - I'd probably put Parkwood over Keynes but there's very little to argue between the two.

4) No idea about Turing, I'm afraid.
harrykirkby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Turing is still not finished, I would not apply for Turing at all, not until it's built.
Hollywooddreamer
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrykirkby)
Turing is still not finished, I would not apply for Turing at all, not until it's built.
Yeah i was worrying about that -tho at the open day they said it would be finished for sept 2015.. i dont think i'll take the chance tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
harrykirkby
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah i was worrying about that -tho at the open day they said it would be finished for sept 2015.. i dont think i'll take the chance tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know people that were meant to be living in there last year, so I wouldnt believe it.
Hollywooddreamer
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrykirkby)
I know people that were meant to be living in there last year, so I wouldnt believe it.
Im putting keynes down i think! Oh really :/ where did they end up?
Hollywooddreamer
Rep:
?
Is there any big advantage to keynes flats over keynes houses.??
harrykirkby
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im putting keynes down i think! Oh really :/ where did they end up?
As far as I know, they ended up in off campus accommodation, with compensation from the uni.

Keynes in general is lovely. No real difference between flats/houses, basically the same. Most people I know/spend time with either live in Parkwood or Tyler.
Ibrahim_AZ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do they offer studio accomodation for 2015 entry UG students ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (276)
33.91%
No (538)
66.09%

Watched Threads