The Student Room Group

Question about re-assessment/ backdated grant

Hi I was recently re-assessed and approved as being considered an independent student based on evidence i provided of my earnings over the past 5 years (I sent SFE five years worth of proof of employment.)
I am now in my second year of university and I did not receive this grant last year. I am hoping that now that I am considered an independent student they will back date it (seeing as this is based on 5 years of evidence i have provided) but so far on my profile on SFE it just says what i should expect to receive in the future from my payments with no mention of receiving what I should have received last year.
Do I just not receive this no or am I entitled to have this back dated?

Thought I would ask on here before I give them a ring so I have a better idea of where I stand

Thanks

Please note: this is based on my income not on my age or any other reasons that are accepted by student finance as proof of independent student status.
Hi there.

You need to have applied for the grant within 9 months of that particular year of the course beginning. You may have missed the deadline for applying for this for the previous year. You can call 0300 100 0607 where an adviser can check if the previous application has yet to be considered and have it referred, or if the independence team have decided you are too late.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending