The Student Room Group

Tired of Eating

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
In bold btw protein doesn't go through undigested as the molecules are too big to fit through the urinary membrane barriers,

Undigested things don't end up as urine anyway man. That's like biology 101. Or I guess biology #2. Hahahaha.
Let's all just take a moment here to recognize the fact that the one person who is against using whey protein also thinks that undigested food comes out your peehole.
It's cool guys, we're being lectured by a know it all on his gap year who also thinks lifting weights is worse than bodyweight exercises.
Original post by SmashConcept
Undigested things don't end up as urine anyway man. That's like biology 101. Or I guess biology #2. Hahahaha.

Undigested/unprocessed same thing, as we're not specifically talking about the ileum or duodenum specific jargon is not required
Original post by illusionz
It's cool guys, we're being lectured by a know it all on his gap year who also thinks lifting weights is worse than bodyweight exercises.

Didn't say that.
Undigested/unprocessed same thing, as we're not specifically talking about the ileum or duodenum specific jargon is not required

Hahahaha what are you even on about?
Hahahaha what are you even on about?

Surprise surprise you don't have a clue about biology
Surprise surprise you don't have a clue about biology

Got a degree in it. You are wrong about everything you have said in this thread.
Got a degree in it. You are wrong about everything you have said in this thread.

Lmao, yet you don't know what the ileum or duodenum is? What sort of Biology have you studied?

Right.... so what was wrong? The size of protein molecules or my opinion that whey protein is unnecessary and isn't beneficial?

Or is it just my opinion that you don't like because you drink whey protein?
Lmao, yet you don't know what the ileum or duodenum is? What sort of Biology have you studied?

Of course I know what they are. They're not relevant to you thinking that undigested food comes out your dick.

Right.... so what was wrong? The size of protein molecules or my opinion that whey protein is unnecessary and isn't beneficial?

The protein molecules are digested in your........ wait for it... digestive system. They don't just float around in your blood, full sized, then find they can't get out because they're too big for the excretory system and then..... I don't know what you think happens to them after that lmao :rofl:

But yes you're wrong about the other thing as well.

Or is it just my opinion that you don't like because you drink whey protein?

I don't really drink whey protein.
-

For someone who studies a hard science at degree level you are painfully poor at linking appropriate articles/videos.

Gotta work on that man.

You also seem to think milk is great for your bones. Hehehe.
Original post by TorpidPhil
For someone who studies a hard science at degree level you are painfully poor at linking appropriate articles/videos.

Gotta work on that man.

He doesn't study anything at degree level according to his profile :confused:

Also milk is not exactly bad for your bones...

There's a difference between being negligible for bone health and being actively beneficial or being actively bad. He claimed earlier that they were actively beneficial in a non-negligible manner or at least insinuating such. I don't see the proof of such.
Of course I know what they are. They're not relevant to you thinking that undigested food comes out your dick.

The protein molecules are digested in your........ wait for it... digestive system. They don't just float around in your blood, full sized, then find they can't get out because they're too big for the excretory system and then..... I don't know what you think happens to them after that lmao :rofl:

But yes you're wrong about the other thing as well.

I don't really drink whey protein.

Talking about excess protein but read this anyway:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/505218-what-happens-if-you-intake-too-much-protein/
http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/how-our-bodies-use-protein

What other thing?

Good :ahee:

Gotta work on that man.

Since when am I at degree level?

Lmao, ok so this is interesting and I've only just done a little research around the subject but can you explain your reasoning behind your claim that milk isn't good for us?

Here's a little reading for you:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/calcium-full-story/

There's a difference between being negligible for bone health and being actively beneficial or being actively bad. He claimed earlier that they were actively beneficial in a non-negligible manner or at least insinuating such. I don't see the proof of such.

While you're here Mr biologist what's your view on alcohol consumption? :colone:

The second link recommends over 200 grams of protein! Most people won't get close to that without supplements lol
The second link recommends over 200 grams of protein! Most people won't get close to that without supplements lol

No it doesn't?
Original post by AMG44
This is a sample of my daily diet, I could eat more if required:

is that much protein not dangerous, like swear to god there doesn't appear to be anyone else on the internet eating above 180g and even that's rare.

Indeed it does

Keep your protein consumption to approximately 35 percent of your daily calorie needs, recommends the Institute of Medicine. Protein provides 4 calories per gram. Therefore, individuals consuming 2,500 calories daily should aim for about 219 grams of protein, those who consume 2,000 calories a day should avoid eating more than 175 grams of protein and individuals following 1,600-calorie diets should consume about 140 grams of protein daily.
Are we really going to do this?

No it doesn't?

Yes it does.

Quick Reply

Latest