Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm A Black Girl Who Likes Oriental/Chinese Guys Will I Ever Find One ? :( watch

Hi guys,

I'm a black girl of medium/caramel complex (im about rihannaish shade). I like chinese/oriental guys but so far none have shown interest in me will I find one who will be into me

It seems such an odd pairing im giving up hope.....

i live in london btw

ReputationRep:
    No.

(Original post by ThePersian)
    No.
    why ?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you like black guys or white guys? You have a better chance with black and white guys due to culture and racism.

You sound like my cousin. E is that you? Plenty of guys out there. Just make it known that you dig them.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you limiting your choices to just oriental guys? I understand preferences and all but you shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket.

It's not an odd pairing, just rare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys,

I'm a black girl of medium/caramel complex (im about rihannaish shade). I like chinese/oriental guys but so far none have shown interest in me will I find one who will be into me

It seems such an odd pairing im giving up hope.....

i live in london btw
    yes you can find one but a lot of families are not as keen in "other races". you need to find a family that is not as cultural and more open minded.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not as rare as your element lol

I have a friend who's an oriental guy who likes black girls...

And Lives in London =3

Is that you Tai Ga?

ReputationRep:
    As a Chinese guy often around other Chinese people, I don't think we are exactly that open about our interests. Personally it doesn't seem like such an odd pairing to me, especially in London where I'm guessing there's a relatively higher proportion of us. Nevertheless I don't know many Chinese friends into medium-black or caramel-ish people.

But hey, don't let what other people think stop you from doing the things you love, the 'things you love' being Chinese/Oriental guys.

general answer seems to be no.

ill stick to black and white guys

ReputationRep:
    Try learning mandarin and moving there, there are about a billion of them

ReputationRep:
    You should go clubbing , you'll probably find a guy you like there

ReputationRep:
    You will find one. You may even attract him. You are unlikely to keep + respect him, however :beard:

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You will find one. You may even attract him. You are unlikely to keep + respect him, however :beard:
    huh ? why do you say this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Is that you Tai Ga?
    I'm not suffering from yellow fever so badly that I'd make a thread like this :colonhash:

To OP: It's possible. But please don't be one of those people that seek out a particular race.

ReputationRep:
    No. If a British born Oriental guy wants to date interracially, 95% of the time it's going to be with a white girl. 5% for South Asian (usually Indian) girls.

It is quite shallow to only want a boy because of his race. Too much anime?

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with having a racial preferance. Some do, some don't. We can't help who we're attracted to. Don't give up hope girl! Just don't go looking for love because I truly believe that love happens when you least expect it. My older sister's friends are an oriental/black couple. The girl is somali/egyptian and the guy is malay/chinese. There is for sure someone out there for you. Don't dwell on it too much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.