The Student Room Group

IELTS + Italian diploma for UCAS application

Hi! I still need to send my application (please don't tell me I'm late, I already know) and I have a few questions.

1) I'm going to take the IELTS exam in february, but I haven't taken the course with my school nor with the British Council, so will this work (in the picture)? Problem: I can't be full-time in more than one school, so should I just select part time with the British Council and full-time at my actual school, even if that way it says that I've attended two schools at the same time?

2) As modules for the Esame di Stato should I put each subject or just the general "topic" of my school? (I mostly study languages, but I have also maths, science, arts...)

3) Should I mention my predicted grades anywhere (like the personal statement)? Or should I just leave those to my teacher's reference?

4) If I'm applying to more unis, how should my teacher write the reference? She told me she has to mention one uni in her letter.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by chiaara
Hi! I still need to send my application (please don't tell me I'm late, I already know) and I have a few questions.

1) I'm going to take the IELTS exam in february, but I haven't taken the course with my school nor with the British Council, so will this work (in the picture)? Problem: I can't be full-time in more than one school, so should I just select part time with the British Council and full-time at my actual school, even if that way it says that I've attended two schools at the same time?

2) As modules for the Esame di Stato should I put each subject or just the general "topic" of my school? (I mostly study languages, but I have also maths, science, arts...)

3) Should I mention my predicted grades anywhere (like the personal statement)? Or should I just leave those to my teacher's reference?

4) If I'm applying to more unis, how should my teacher write the reference? She told me she has to mention one uni in her letter.

Thank you!

1. Put part-time for IELTS. You only need to show attendance as being the month you take the test.

2. Include all your subjects that you will receive a final mark for. If you already know your final mark in some of your subjects, fill it in on the form. Otherwise just leave this space blank so your universities will know your final mark is pending.

3. You should not be mentioning your predicted grades. Your referee should do this. Am I right in thinking the Italian exam is one where you get a final overall grade, which is an average of your subject marks? If so, your referee only needs to predict that grade, not every individual subject. If universities require a specific minimum grade in any subject they will let you know in your offer.

4. It should not be necessary for your referee to mention a specific university. Make sure your referee realises that he/she does not need to address the reference to anyone (e.g. "To Anytown University Admissions Department"). That may be where the confusion is arising.

Hope this helps.
Good luck with your application. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by FionaMG
1. Put part-time for IELTS. You only need to show attendance as being the month you take the test.

2. Include all your subjects that you will receive a final mark for. If you already know your final mark in some of your subjects, fill it in on the form. Otherwise just leave this space blank so your universities will know your final mark is pending.

3. You should not be mentioning your predicted grades. Your referee should do this. Am I right in thinking the Italian exam is one where you get a final overall grade, which is an average of your subject marks? If so, your referee only needs to predict that grade, not every individual subject. If universities require a specific minimum grade in any subject they will let you know in your offer.

4. It should not be necessary for your referee to mention a specific university. Make sure your referee realises that he/she does not need to address the reference to anyone (e.g. "To Anytown University Admissions Department"). That may be where the confusion is arising.

Hope this helps.
Good luck with your application. :smile:

Thank you so much, you were very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending