The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
iktome
Did your accommodation forms have an option for which building? Because I don't think mine did, just vague things like 'mixed' etc.

No they don't every fresher is bunged in West House as Azam told me. Which is a good in a way as you probably get to know more people that way who're in your year.

Btw, What subject are you doing? Welcome to the Homerton thread. :biggrin:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 181
Will be cool that some of us will already know each other before we get there! Anyone interested in posting a pic of themselves on this thread so we can recognise each other? You can see me on my myspace: www.myspace.com/tony_ron add me a friend and you can see the pics (msg me so I know who u are, i don't add random people!)
Reply 182
I can't wait till October!!!!

BTW is freshers' week a week before the formal start of term, or is it incorporated into it?
Reply 183
tony_ron
I can't wait till October!!!!

BTW is freshers' week a week before the formal start of term, or is it incorporated into it?

I think its the same week!!!!! You get like 3 days or something to settle in. I don't think you get even a proper week but someone else in the know should confirm that.
Reply 184
my myspace is linked in my sig. And I think there's a rather rough photo of me on my TSR profile. I think it was taken after over consumption of unicum shots in Budapest.

I can't wait for some geeky: "i know you from TSR/Myspace/Facebook" moments.
heya...
im on bebo 2 but not my space: my url is
http://-HeadGirl-.bebo.com

ul hav 2 leav me a comment if ur on!
xxx
Hello everyone.. just letting you know ive changed my name :redface:

i didnt think it was very wise to have my name as my username if you get me :smile:

anyway got to dash off for my piano lesson, and i need to get some revision done!

:smile:

mwah :suith:
Reply 187
That's why I'm Epicurus. :biggrin:
so... hows life?
Reply 189
Yes fne thanks . How are you? Revision on course?:biggrin:
wazzup
hey i m going to homerton next year for economics. economics is one of the most competitive courses. dont take the bull... that homerton is easier to get in. it isnt, especially now that cambridge started to put mroe students in the pool. When i went for an interview, quite a lot of people applied to homerton thinking that they can get in because it is easier. homerton gets a lot of applications for economics, but most of them get rejected and most students are taken from the pool. also, homerton isnt bad for economics. i ve spoken to a guy who does economics at homerton and it is pretty good. there is always a person who gets a first, thats an average considering homerton only takes 4 economists every year. feel free to ask me any questions.

top of tripos (part 1b) economist, was from homerton last year!!!!
Reply 191
acidbubble
top of tripos (part 1b) economist, was from homerton last year!!!!

Thats great news.
Epicurus
Yes fne thanks . How are you? Revision on course?:biggrin:

depends. im sorted for geography and psychology. but weve had student teachers for english so its not gone to well the last part of this year.. so im trying to learn it never mind revise it lol!

im so happy the suns here at last though! :smile:
oh i was also wondering is ther an alternative prospectus for homerton or educational studies anywhere? it would be great to read
Reply 194
I found one on the internet ages ago but it's a little dated but gives you a rough idea. Think I did a google search for Cambridge university alternative prospectus and it was a PDF file that I clicked on.
i emailed the admissions office asking about scottish applicants offers, anyway, the admissions tutor emailed me back at 12.15 on sunday morning giving me a rough answer, but said he couldn't be sure as he wasn't in his office. well doi mate, it is quater past midnight! so has homerton got alot of randomly odd tutors that email at weird times, because strangely enough that would persuade me to apply, i love odd folk!
Oh and mabe you could be more helpful the mr watts and let me know if any scottish applicants got AAB offers at adv higher this year, or were they all AAA?
thanks
Reply 197
citizen_bryony
Oh and mabe you could be more helpful the mr watts and let me know if any scottish applicants got AAB offers at adv higher this year, or were they all AAA?
thanks

Its unlikely Mr Watts visits this forum. Though you never know!!! :smile:
heehee, i meant for you guys to help me, mr watts has already proved he doesnt know the answer
Reply 199
citizen_bryony
heehee, i meant for you guys to help me, mr watts has already proved he doesnt know the answer

Im sure Mr Watts, whoever he is will email you again, when he gets back to the office.

Latest

Trending

Trending