The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi,
I am applying for Diagnostic Radiography, which I know is funded by the NHS. However I already have a degree in Anthropology. I wondered whether this would impact my funding?
Thanks
Reply 2
Hi,

I am applying for Diagnostic Radiography, which as I understand has NHS funding and some funding from student finance in the form of a reduced maintenance loan. I was wondering whether the fact I already have a degree in Anthropology would impact my funding?

Thanks.
Reply 3
Hi there, I was just wondering what people can tell me about NHS bursaries? I am applying to do nursing and have been told I might be eligible for some NHS bursaries. I have looked on the NHS bursaries website but it seems a bit unclear. Any advice?
Thank you!:smile:
I am a UK student who has been offered a place on a nursing degree course this September. I have had previous finance for an undergrad degree that I had to leave due to ill health ( not an NHS course ). Will this affect my eligibility for a NHS bursary ?

Thanks
Original post by gingerchicken
I am a UK student who has been offered a place on a nursing degree course this September. I have had previous finance for an undergrad degree that I had to leave due to ill health ( not an NHS course ). Will this affect my eligibility for a NHS bursary ?

Thanks

Hi, many thanks for your query.

I'm happy to confirm that your eligibility for a NHS Bursary will not be affected by your previous funding.

If you have any questions following this session you can always use our Ask Us service 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Hope this is helpful

Thanks

Kim
Original post by LStM
Hi,
I am applying for Diagnostic Radiography, which I know is funded by the NHS. However I already have a degree in Anthropology. I wondered whether this would impact my funding?
Thanks

Hi, Thank you for your query. Any funding you received for your previous degree will not affect any NHS funding you may be entitled to receive. Please visit our website http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/816.aspx where you can find usefulinformation for all existing and prospective NHS students, including thedifferent NHS Bursary Scheme rates and downloadable versions of all our studentguidance booklets.
Original post by LStM
Hi,

I am applying for Diagnostic Radiography, which as I understand has NHS funding and some funding from student finance in the form of a reduced maintenance loan. I was wondering whether the fact I already have a degree in Anthropology would impact my funding?

Thanks.

Hi

Your NHS funding will not be affected by the funding you received for your previous degree. As eligible NHS funded students are also entitled to apply for a reduced rate student loan I would advise you contact Student Finance England directly to see if you would qualify for a student loan. There is a web chat at 11am-12pm today called 'Are you eligible for Student Finance?' where you can raise this query.
Use our bursarycalculators to find out if you are eligible to apply, what yourstudent status will be (independent/dependent) and provide you an estimate ofwhat you could receive in a basic award as well as any potential additionalallowances.

Please note that the calculators should only be used as a guide as we cannot confirmyour eligibility or award entitlement until we have received and assessed youronline application through the Bursary Online Support System (BOSS) and all ofyour supporting evidence, if requested.

Reply 9
Original post by Wheezy
Hi there, I was just wondering what people can tell me about NHS bursaries? I am applying to do nursing and have been told I might be eligible for some NHS bursaries. I have looked on the NHS bursaries website but it seems a bit unclear. Any advice?
Thank you!:smile:

Hi, on behalf of Julia and Kim, please see the response to your question below:

The funding available is for NHS commissioned courses only therefore you will first need to be offered a place on such a course by your university. For nursing this must be a pre-registration course. If you are then a means tested bursary, non-means tested grant and other allowances are available.
Reply 10
A big thank you to Julia and Kim for their time today and for answering the questions posted. And thanks to all those who got involved.

For more information on student finance visit our official Finance Zone http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=5659-Student-Finance#navmoney

Ray

Latest

Trending

Trending