The Student Room Group

My problem...

Basically, a few days ago I had abdominal pain which kinda stopped for about a day, and I only get it when I'm about to go to the toilet (I had diarrhoea at the same time). The next day, the abdominal pain went away but there was just a bit of diarrhoea left which was cleared out. Because of the diarrhoea though, I must have developed a pile around my anus, just one and it seemed to go back in if i haven't gone toilet for a while. But now I feel like going but when I do try to go, nothing comes out? It feels like I'm constipated, but I don't think I am as I've only just had diarrhoea? Also, there is some evidence of mucus, just a bit though.

Any thoughts?
Reply 1
Original post by pryk009
Do you drink too much milk? start drinking tea ...

I think you have this: (In your case it is not chronic, so it may just be an acute episode with such symptoms)
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Irritable-bowel-syndrome/Pages/Diagnosis.aspx

Your stomach is upset and I would have the pile checked by your doctor (if it is still present). The pile can be either a haemorrhoid or a cyst around the anus.

The mucus discharged from the anus may be due to: an infection, disease or spontaneous/natural (as the mucus is always produced, but it is not visible when discharged with the faeces).
In your case, I believe the mucus is able to pass through, but the faeces (which this time are probably solid) are blocked.

For a better diagnosis and a proper check-up visit your doctor.

Any quick suggestions to get rid of the constipation?
Reply 2
Usually, constipation occurs when you lie down on the bed after a meal. Having a short walk after meal can help with the digestion and avoid constipation, because the walk helps the food to pass through your digestive tract.

If you still have diarrhea for more than 2 days I would suggest to take Lansoprazole/omeprazole or any proton-pump inhibitor (ppi) drugs (H2 blocker drugs may work but better ppi). One before eating in the morning.

If you do not have diarrhea, then change your diet. Try to eat more fibers, fish, fatty meat (low quantity) and lots of water. Good luck and wish you a quick recover.
Im not saying it is Irritable Bowel Syndrome, but you should see a doctor and make sure because you cant leave something such as IBS if it is that.

Again I hope its not IBS, from personal experience Bowel Conditions are not easy to live with.

See a doctor and get him/her to clarify that its nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest