The Student Room Group

Pharmacy and Pharmacology Courses

Heya guys, I was wondering if anyone has been/ is looking into pharma courses and wondered if anyone had advice or experiences they could share? :h:
Dont do pharmacy, its in a VERY BAD state at the mo.
Reply 2
Hey. I do Pharmacology at Leeds. I don't really know what you're after but if you have any questions I am here!
Original post by Fine Sir
Heya guys, I was wondering if anyone has been/ is looking into pharma courses and wondered if anyone had advice or experiences they could share? :h:

Hi I'm a current student at UCLan and we offer Pharmacy degrees:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/mpharm_hons_pharmacy.php

But if you have any additional questions about the course feel free to contact our team at: [email protected]
Reply 4
Original post by StudentGod168
Dont do pharmacy, its in a VERY BAD state at the mo.

Why?
Entry grades are ridiculously high for the job! All you do is check boxes all day. Busy stressful job. IF... you get a job in the 1st place!! Too many pharmacists. Competition is high, wages are falling! Dont do it.
I'm doing a pharmacy degree right now, moving on to second year 😊
Reply 7
Original post by StudentGod168
Entry grades are ridiculously high for the job! All you do is check boxes all day. Busy stressful job. IF... you get a job in the 1st place!! Too many pharmacists. Competition is high, wages are falling! Dont do it.

How do you know this?
Talk to real pharmacists and you will know. Google falling pharmacists wages, most recently Tescos reduced their locum rates to £20.50 an hr. Before that, it was Lloyds.
Reply 9
Original post by Scott & Jonathan @ UCLan
Hi I'm a current student at UCLan and we offer Pharmacy degrees:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/mpharm_hons_pharmacy.php

But if you have any additional questions about the course feel free to contact our team at: [email protected]

Hi,

I just completed Pharmacology degree with 2:1 and was wondering if there is any conversion routes to Pharmacy, apart from starting the 4 year mpharma route. Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending