The Student Room Group

Am I freaking out too soon?

Saw new boyf on Friday night/Saturday - it all seemed to go well (laughing, chatting, affection). We held hands on the walk to the station and went our separate ways. He had told me he is going away next weekend, wished me a good rest of my weekend, and asked me to send him an update about something I'm doing, but didn't mention when we might see each other again.

He has a very busy job (often works nights) and has lots of friends so I'm hesitating about being that 'clingy' girlfriend by texting and asking him if he's free to meet up. Up at the same time, I'm worried that as we've not yet made plans his whole week and weekend are going to be filled with work/friends/going away... and I don't want the new relationship to fizzle out. :s-smilie:

He also has yet to introduce me to any of his friends...we've been together 5 weeks, so I could be freaking out a bit too soon. :confused:
Reply 1
It's maybe too soon to freak out too much, esp if you've been seeing each other regularly and are happy together. He asked you to update him on what you're doing so he must be somewhat interested. If you're really worried you should just ask if he wants to meet up again before the weekend or when he'll be free again to hang out, you shouldn't feel hesitant if he's your boyfriend!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by debble
It's maybe too soon to freak out too much, esp if you've been seeing each other regularly and are happy together. He asked you to update him on what you're doing so he must be somewhat interested. If you're really worried you should just ask if he wants to meet up again before the weekend or when he'll be free again to hang out, you shouldn't feel hesitant if he's your boyfriend!

You're probably right, thanks for the response! :smile: I think I'll leave it another day or two before I contact him as I know how busy his life is and how he much he hates clingy girls. :s-smilie:
Reply 3
It's also quite normal for me not to hear from him in 2 days... I just freaked out a bit because he didn't mention us seeing each other again, but maybe I'm reading too much into things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending