The Student Room Group

A level resits

Hello. I'm doing a number of resits in June. I'm hoping to improve my grades.

I'm just wondering how this would affect me filling out my UCAS application if I hopefully manage to increase my grades.

I've looked online and most of the guidance on resit pupils tends to be for those who've not received the grades yet.

I'm guessing I either simply state that I've done the A levels over 3 years and put down the final grades or I enter them in twice. Which is it?
Original post by keromedic
Hello. I'm doing a number of resits in June. I'm hoping to improve my grades.

I'm just wondering how this would affect me filling out my UCAS application if I hopefully manage to increase my grades.

I've looked online and most of the guidance on resit pupils tends to be for those who've not received the grades yet.

I'm guessing I either simply state that I've done the A levels over 3 years and put down the final grades or I enter them in twice. Which is it?

The advice on this does sometimes change, so you might want to check with UCAS. I believe you still have to enter your old results, now including any U grades- with the date they were taken, then enter your new results.
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
The advice on this does sometimes change, so you might want to check with UCAS. I believe you still have to enter your old results, now including any U grades- with the date they were taken, then enter your new results.

Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow.

Now that I'm on my PC, I've had a look again at the post here and although there's nothing directly relevant in the post, it appears my question has been answered in the comments. It appears that, at least with previous years' rules, I'd have to enter this twice. This combined with the answer (6) which I've included below leads me to believe I'd enter Sep 2012- June 2014 my old results and then June 2015 my new results.

UCAS
I'm resitting an A level through my school but I no longer study there. How do I enter this on my application?

You need to make sure your original A level result has been entered first.
If you're resitting the exams at your previous school/college, you then need to add the school/college a second time on your form. However, you just need to state your attendance dates as the dates between which you will be taking the resits e.g. June 2014 to June 2014. You'd need to indicate that your attendance is part-time. You can then enter the A level as pending under the second entry for the school/college.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow.

Now that I'm on my PC, I've had a look again at the post here and although there's nothing directly relevant in the post, it appears my question has been answered in the comments. It appears that, at least with previous years' rules, I'd have to enter this twice. This combined with the answer (6) which I've included below leads me to believe I'd enter Sep 2012- June 2014 my old results and then June 2015 my new results.

Yeah, sorry, that was what I was trying to say you should do- but clearly I wasn't very clear about it!
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Yeah, sorry, that was what I was trying to say you should do- but clearly I wasn't very clear about it!

Oh, I understood thanks. You've been helpful.

I just thought I'd have a look again. I'll still call though.
SlowlorisIncognito

So I called UCAS and they said I merely enter my A level grades once. So say my B grade in Biology improves to an A, I'd enter 2012-2015 Biology at grade A. However, if my grade C at Chemistry does not change then I'd just put 2012-2014 Chemistry at grade C.

I've called again and lady has given different advice. What you'd suggested that they be entered twice. I'm inclined to believe this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there last year I got my final a2 results and I am resitting in the summer to improve them. On my ucas form I was told to, and did, put down my results from last year. However if you are applying for September 2016 entry then when you have your results from this summer I would include those aswell as your previous results
Original post by neal95
Hi there last year I got my final a2 results and I am resitting in the summer to improve them. On my ucas form I was told to, and did, put down my results from last year. However if you are applying for September 2016 entry then when you have your results from this summer I would include those aswell as your previous results

Thanks. I also told I had to enter my AS results as well as they were certified :tongue:.
Thanks. I also told I had to enter my AS results as well as they were certified :tongue:.

Same XD I wasn't very comfortable doing that as I had some pretty pore grades there but it worked out and of me offers from Birmingham and Sheffield thank god
So I called UCAS and they said I merely enter my A level grades once. So say my B grade in Biology improves to an A, I'd enter 2012-2015 Biology at grade A. However, if my grade C at Chemistry does not change then I'd just put 2012-2014 Chemistry at grade C.

I've called again and lady has given different advice. What you'd suggested that they be entered twice. I'm inclined to believe this.

I think you've got nothing to lose by entering the grades twice, as such, as it will be clear either way you've done resits. However, if you don't enter something you should, this can cause issues further down the line, especially if your application is considered to be fraudulent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending