The Student Room Group

Do you need evidence supporting the working memory model PSYA1?

Just revising Paper 1 and I wondered for AQA AS Psychology do you need to know Evidence Supporting each component of the working memory model as well as 4 evaluation points and the AO1 (of course).

Thanks in advance. Good luck everyone!
Reply 1
Original post by livvsomerhalder
Just revising Paper 1 and I wondered for AQA AS Psychology do you need to know Evidence Supporting each component of the working memory model as well as 4 evaluation points and the AO1 (of course).

You wouldn't need to give evidence of each component of the model; you only to evaluate it for the AO2. You could briefly mention one or two studies which support or doesn't support the model as part of your A02 evaluation, but you don't need too many.
Reply 2
Original post by livvsomerhalder

You don't need research studies to support EACH component but it would be good to use 1 or 2 studies along side the rest of your evaluation points. For example i would use Baddeley et 1993 dual task study to support that the visual spatial sketchpad and the phonological loop are separate and have their own limited capacity. I would also use Baddeley 1975 to support the phonological loop. My teacher has told us to do this using APFC (aim, procedure, findings and conclusion) and then i would explain 2 weaknesses of the WMM.

Good luck tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending