The Student Room Group

Norethisterone/ prescription help!!!

Hi,

I've just been to see my GP to get some Norethisterone to delay my period as I am going to Australia for a few weeks. My GP sent a e-prescription to my local pharmacy and I didn't get a hard copy, sign anything or pay. I need a hard copy for the plane, so should I call the Doctor's or the Pharmacy? Also, how come I didn't pay? I am 19 and no longer in full time education, I was literally given the drugs...

I have to take it for 16 days, what side effects have people experienced?
Diarrhoea vomit headaches and the flu
Original post by Rosetta244367
Diarrhoea vomit headaches and the flu

This is true
you didnt pay as techincally norethisterone in some doses although not the dose to skips periods can be used as contraception, all of which is free on for everyone. I never needed a prescription for hormonal contraception on a plane so unless australias customs ask for it you might not need it.
Reply 4
Original post by Hlrk
Hi,

I've just been to see my GP to get some Norethisterone to delay my period as I am going to Australia for a few weeks. My GP sent a e-prescription to my local pharmacy and I didn't get a hard copy, sign anything or pay. I need a hard copy for the plane, so should I call the Doctor's or the Pharmacy? Also, how come I didn't pay? I am 19 and no longer in full time education, I was literally given the drugs...

I have to take it for 16 days, what side effects have people experienced?

Why do you need a hard copy for the plane? I've been on a plane with norethisterone tablets and never had any issues. It is odd that you didn't have to pay though. I've never had any side effects from taking it :smile:
Reply 5
I need a prescription to get through customs
You might be ok with a letter from your GP?
Reply 7
I've managed to get a token from the pharmacy, just hope I'm ok in the tablets now!

Quick Reply

Latest