The Student Room Group

Disgusted and upset by myself

Hey guys, I just wanted people's opinion on something that I did which I regret. I was so drunk one night, so drunk, that are keyed my opposites neighbours car, he came round yesterday and I lied to him first saying an excuse, he said I would rather have the truth. I apologise and everything, and later I felt guilty and called him over saying I did it whilst I was drunk, I am so sorry, it was wrong and disgusting of me doing that, and he said that's okay let's draw the line here, I said I would pay for the damage and I left wine a chocolates on his door step as an apology. He called the police before than but called them up after I confessed and apologised saying he no longer wishes to Pursue case. He told next door neighbour which is good friends with me and him, a middle aged guy and agreed to keep it quite between me and him, his wife and the people that know. I can't but help keep feeling guilty and let down?! As anyone got any advice on what else I could do? I feel ashamed and am truly sorry and they know that, but I can't face walking home and one of them seeing me... I don't know what to do, it was a wrong thing to do and I'm beating myself up for it?! Should I do anything else??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imagination2015
Hey guys, I just wanted people's opinion on something that I did which I regret. I was so drunk one night, so drunk, that are keyed my opposites neighbours car, he came round yesterday and I lied to him first saying an excuse, he said I would rather have the truth. I apologise and everything, and later I felt guilty and called him over saying I did it whilst I was drunk, I am so sorry, it was wrong and disgusting of me doing that, and he said that's okay let's draw the line here, I said I would pay for the damage and I left wine a chocolates on his door step as an apology. He called the police before than but called them up after I confessed and apologised saying he no longer wishes to Pursue case. He told next door neighbour which is good friends with me and him, a middle aged guy and agreed to keep it quite between me and him, his wife and the people that know. I can't but help keep feeling guilty and let down?! As anyone got any advice on what else I could do? I feel ashamed and am truly sorry and they know that, but I can't face walking home and one of them seeing me... I don't know what to do, it was a wrong thing to do and I'm beating myself up for it?! Should I do anything else??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well at least you admitted it and apologised. I can imagine most people wouldn't have.

All you can do now is pay for the damages and not do something like that again.

As for feeling guilty, you feel guilty for a reason and you can't just get rid of it. It will pass with time.
Well that's booze for you... at least you learned a booze lesson without getting your head kicked in, or a criminal record etc.
Original post by Imagination2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

You did the right thing in the end that's all that matters, everyone does stupid things, don't feel bad for making mistakes, especially seeing as you responded rightly in the end, this sort of process allows you to grow with every mistake you make and amend

as opposed to people who just make mistake after mistake never fixing it, wallowing in their own idiocy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending