The Student Room Group

Do GIRLS Like A 'Hard To Get' MAN?

Theres this girl that I like and she says she likes me too but she doesn't seem as into me lately, the only thing I can think that's changed is I've been more creative and cheesy with my compliments towards her. I really want to get her attention more so do I go back to just casual flirting and playing hard to get or do girls like a guy that obsessively wants them?

How can I get this girls attention back? I'm not sure what to do as I don't want to risk loosing her
walk up to her with a girlfriend or friend who is a girl,

she'll read between the lines

jealousy - the prime motivator
a play hard to get guy is a guy that will find himself single tbh
Reply 3
Original post by democracyforum
walk up to her with a girlfriend or friend who is a girl,

she'll read between the lines

jealousy - the prime motivator

I have actually considered this although I always feel it is risky as she may take it as I'm taken or something and want to leave?

- The thing is she also is attracted to this other guy but he's only holiday for a month so I'm trying to make my move now whilst he's out of the picture.
Well, this is just my opinion but Id prefer a person who is.'needy' to someone trying to be hard to get. However I wouldnt want someone to seem too needy as that could be pretty creepy. I think this because often, it can be confusing if the person you like is purposely hard to get in attempt to get your attention or is just naturally a person who is hard to talk to. If you like someone I think you should just keep it natural and try not to send too many mixed messages as it could give them the wrong idea.

I hoped this help, apologies if im making no sense. This is my first comment as I started literally seconds ago :/
Original post by Anonymous
she doesn't seem as into me lately,

The thing is she also is attracted to this other guy

Did this "other guy" also appear around the "lately" time period by any chance?
Reply 6
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Did this "other guy" also appear around the "lately" time period by any chance?

Funnily enough he's been around for a while but for a few months I've been her 'centre of attention' you could say and now it's suddenly stopped. I see her everyday on my way to work so I don't want to make things awkward by confronting her if she still likes me
Reply 7
Well, this is just my opinion but Id prefer a person who is.'needy' to someone trying to be hard to get. However I wouldnt want someone to seem too needy as that could be pretty creepy. I think this because often, it can be confusing if the person you like is purposely hard to get in attempt to get your attention or is just naturally a person who is hard to talk to. If you like someone I think you should just keep it natural and try not to send too many mixed messages as it could give them the wrong idea.

I hoped this help, apologies if im making no sense. This is my first comment as I started literally seconds ago :/

Thanks for your opinion! And glad I helped you give your first comment haha
You have to be 'hard to get' naturally...

...not pretending to 'ignore' texts on Facebook...

...but hanging out with other girls and actually not worrying whether or not she likes you. Don't be desperate and don't put up childish acts.
(edited 8 years ago)
No, playing hard to get doesn't work with girls. It just makes us lose interest so if you like her then don't do it.
yes they do

being a typical easy guy will bore her

play around and shes interested...
Please don't play hard to get, most girls & guys for that matter would likely deduce that the other party is not interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending