The Student Room Group

Changing uni's = change in loan

So I went through UCAS extra to apply for UWE (Bristol), but before that I had accepted LCC (London) and put that university on my student finance. I was going to receive £6,000 something but changed the university on my application the other day and just checked it and it's now £4,000. Surely changing university's cannot mean less money, or is it the fact London is 10x more expensive? Can someone explain because I'm panicking.
Original post by withlove
So I went through UCAS extra to apply for UWE (Bristol), but before that I had accepted LCC (London) and put that university on my student finance. I was going to receive £6,000 something but changed the university on my application the other day and just checked it and it's now £4,000. Surely changing university's cannot mean less money, or is it the fact London is 10x more expensive? Can someone explain because I'm panicking.

they have a london loan rate so you get a higher loan due to londons prices so losing 2k from switching from london to non london would make sense, sorry
Will you be living at home?
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
Will you be living at home?

No
Original post by withlove

you get a higher amount if you go to uni in london
I got £3000+ loan in a non-London uni. I now get £6000+ loan at a London uni. To be really really honest, my accommodation at the LDN uni is more expensive than the non-LDN uni.

But hey, I won't complain.
Did you indicate you weren't living at home? Sounds as though they assumed you were going to uni and living at home, hence the lower loan.
Reply 7
Original post by OU Student
Did you indicate you weren't living at home? Sounds as though they assumed you were going to uni and living at home, hence the lower loan.

Yes I said I would be living in halls, double checked and everything
You get more money if you are studying in London because living costs are higher there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending