The Student Room Group

I can't stop texting him

Scroll to see replies

Hardly.
I just sent her a VM and she hasn't replied. :biggrin:
None taken. I would read it and reply to it though. :tongue: Though I do think very highly of myself.
The **** is a VM? If you wanna talk to me I'm right here. I have no idea why you guys are being funny about this. Try reading my last two replies?
To answer your VM, I'm posting a lot because I'm parked out a rehab waiting for my client to be discharged. I'm a bit confused as to why you think I have emotional problems - on this thread, I have said I do not like it when people bombard me with messages trying to get me to text back when they know I'm busy, using tactics like double texting or saying 'hello??'. I'm in no way talking about people who text me at work multiple times without demanding a response, obviously. I do the same with my own friends. Can you please explain why you all feel the need to attack me for this?
I've had people who just constantly text me, clearly trying to get a response from me. Yeah, I did respond and tell me to leave me alone. I wasn't happy with either of them. Sending me several text messages an hour isn't going to get me to respond to you. In fact, I'm more likely to ignore you.

I do try to avoid double texting. I have a friend who sometimes takes his time to reply, which is fine by me. He's apologised a few times with "I've only just picked up your email" (in his defence, my email was sent at 11 the previous evening) and "we've just come back from Dublin".
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone else here find it impossible not to double text? If i dont get a response within a certain length of time I'll probably find something else I want to say, and saving it til I get a reply is annoying. Also i like putting separate thoughts in different texts so i do it naturally even when i'm not being ignored

I double text but I don't mean to. I'd send the first one too early and then send the rest of it again, only a few seconds apart. But, I don't keep texting the person until they reply because that'd annoy me aswell :tongue:
I sometimes double text my boyfriend... but other days I don't double text or text first.
Original post by AvaAdore
Why is everyone getting so shirty about this? You've missed the point.

I don't think I'm something special for being busy thanks - I'm an adult that works. As I've already said, I'm not talking about people who send me long messages, or many messages in general, I have many people who do this and likewise, we will patiently wait for the other to be free to reply - I'm talking about people who double text because I haven't been able to reply yet, send me something passive aggressive,or text me trying to get me to text back, when they know I am at work.

I can reply now yes, I'm not at work? Failing to see your point here.

It is annoying tho when someone is at wotk and they read your messages but dont reply. That feels like im being ignored in a rude way
My boyfriend hasnt messaged me since the day before yesterday. He takes *that* long to respond to texts. If someone leaves you waiting 24 hours isnt it ok then to pester or send more information? No one is at work 24 hours straight.
It is annoying tho when someone is at wotk and they read your messages but dont reply. That feels like im being ignored in a rude way

Yes but that's not what I'm saying - I CAN'T check my phone or reply on the job. By all means leave me lovely long messages and I'll reply later, but don't send me double texts and messages saying 'hello??' Or 'guess you're too busy to talk to me' because I can't help being at work. Still don't get why everyone is on my case about this. I'm not the rude one in this scenario.
My boyfriend hasnt messaged me since the day before yesterday. He takes *that* long to respond to texts. If someone leaves you waiting 24 hours isnt it ok then to pester or send more information? No one is at work 24 hours straight.

It depend how much you want them to reply. Most of the time it isn't actually the message you want, it is just a reply. A message to make you feel wanted and like you matter.
Reply 32

Really? That doesnt give you doubts he is the right guy for you? Has he read those messages?

Yeah that would annoy me but that's a completely different situation altogether to bombarding someone with texts in a short space of time demanding a response and deeming them rude for not replying, when they are probably just busy.
That's annoying!
I seriously wonder how people managed before we had phones and had to talk to each other. It's like not being contactable / replying instantly is a crime now?
Original post by OU Student
I seriously wonder how people managed before we had phones and had to talk to each other. It's like not being contactable / replying instantly is a crime now?

One that I'm getting major hassle for on here
Yes but that's not what I'm saying - I CAN'T check my phone or reply on the job. By all means leave me lovely long messages and I'll reply later, but don't send me double texts and messages saying 'hello??' Or 'guess you're too busy to talk to me' because I can't help being at work. Still don't get why everyone is on my case about this. I'm not the rude one in this scenario.

He works in communications so hes on his phone at work a lot
One that I'm getting major hassle for on here

i think everyone just picked you up wrong from the first few comments. but I get what your saying,, u are fine wit messaging, long ones, short ones, what ever chat someone wants to leave u, and im sure u don't mind if u have a load of messages to read and catch up with at the end of ur work shift?,, but its people who text you who do be trying to be intimidating to u by repeatedly sending same message, or a sarcastic hello? are yu alive, questioning why havent u replied yet despite knowing ur working? yeah those kind of message are ones I wouldn't be in a hurry to reply to and im a texter that texts a lot haha not a phone call chat person,,,
He works in communications so hes on his phone at work a lot

But he's also working. Therefore, it doesn;t mean he can reply to you. I know that I sometimes friends / my parents whilst they're at work; so am not that fussed if they take their time to reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending