The Student Room Group

Why do so many girls call themselves 'curvy' when they clearly aren't?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[QUOTE=Anonymous;57986189]Why not?
Basically because it is unnecessary and insulting, because you might expect the intelligentsia of the nation to appreciate that being over weight is a complex issue and because no one is expecting anyone to date someone they don't fancy, so best to just avoid this sort of ignorant contribution.:smile:
Why do so many guys call themselves '6 ft' when they clearly aren't?

Spoiler

Original post by Zarek
Basically because it is unnecessary and insulting, because you might expect the intelligentsia of the nation to appreciate that being over weight is a complex issue and because no one is expecting anyone to date someone they don't fancy, so best to just avoid this sort of ignorant contribution.:smile:

In other words: Political Correctness.
Original post by beeninetytwo

Spoiler

Well you can't really judge height in pictures, so I agree lying about height is pretty deceiving too.

But this thread is about women lying about their weight and/or body shape.

Overweight isn't always an option because of Political Correctness. Pretty sure there would be uproar if it was.
Reply 24
[QUOTE=Anonymous;5798]In other words: Political Correctness.No, respect for others feelings..
I've been called curvy & I'm a size 10, 34DD, 5ft 9 in height.

I swear people confuse the 2...not sure how :-/
Original post by Anonymous
I've been called curvy & I'm a size 10, 34DD, 5ft 9 in height.

I swear people confuse the 2...not sure how :-/

yum :love:
Reply 27
Surprised they still need to pretend in this new age of skinny bashing and fat praising.

It doesn't bother me so much in dating sites it's pretty easy to know they are lying.
Original post by trapking
yum :love:

Would you say that's curvy? :confused:
Plenty of guys lie about this kind of thing online and girls don't make a fuss. Grow up and stop being so butthurt :smile:
Well you can't really judge height in pictures, so I agree lying about height is pretty deceiving too.

But this thread is about women lying about their weight and/or body shape.

Overweight isn't always an option because of Political Correctness. Pretty sure there would be uproar if it was.

Only somebody silly would go by profile description alone. Maybe if overweight were an option more people would chose it? Or a scale measuring curviness. 1 being very underweight with no shape definition and 10 being very overweight with no shape definition. 5 is optimum curve, obviously. :couchpotato:

Not everyone has a clear image of how other people see them :nah: I was once on a site that asked people to state how attractive they thought that they were :wizard: It was.. interesting :ninja:

OP, I don't think that they're lying - I just think that not every single person shares the same universal definition of curvy :pirateprincess:

Spoiler

haha such a defensive answer xD

my issue with the whole fat girl small dude thing being the worst is that

you can make fun of midgets but dont dare make fun of fat people.
Reply 32

OP, I don't think that they're lying - I just think that not every single person shares the same universal definition of curvy :pirateprincess:

Exactly. The OP is complaining that the girl didn't describe herself as fat, not that she described herself as curvy. Let's be honest here. Unless the OP has some sort of official definition of 'curvy' that is passing the rest of us by. Did the girl not have curves with her fat?
Original post by Ed's Balls
So they feel better about themselves.

Do you do this?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
haha such a defensive answer xD

my issue with the whole fat girl small dude thing being the worst is that

you can make fun of midgets but dont dare make fun of fat people.

how about we just don't make fun of either? :smile:
Would you say that's curvy? :confused:

small ish waist i.e. hourglass figure? yeah i guess :biggrin:
Curvy is a nicer way of saying it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by william walker
Do you do this?

Why would I need to? I already have a wife.
Original post by Ed's Balls
Why would I need to? I already have a wife.

Yeah but you need to lose a few pounds and she is a bit more successful than you right now, no? :smile:
Original post by trapking
small ish waist i.e. hourglass figure? yeah i guess :biggrin:

Point I'm making, people get 'curvy' mixed up! Lol I'm noway fat though lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending