The Student Room Group

Why do so many girls call themselves 'curvy' when they clearly aren't?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by william walker
I see. Getting a divorce are we? :tongue:

Oh never! Food is too good to me, I couldn't bear it if we were apart :frown:
Original post by trustmeimlying1
few make fun of fatties. besides theyre in control of that

who's in control of that? Nobody's in control of how others act. Fat people can control their weight, but not how people react to it.
Original post by picklescamp
who's in control of that? Nobody's in control of how others act. Fat people can control their weight, but not how people react to it.

as I said few make fun of them.
as I said few make fun of them.

that's simply not true. Look at some of the people on this forum for example! :smile:
Original post by beeninetytwo
That isn't taking the piss out of someone though. It's simply a preference not much difference from racial a preference :ninja:

exactly.but why is it okay to say I like tall white man

but its not okay to say I want a thin girl as much

being anti fat is seen as bad but being anti tall isnt seen as bad
that's simply not true. Look at some of the people on this forum for example! :smile:

its an internet form.in the real world. making fun or even saying its a preference not have a fat girl is taboo

my point is small people cant change their height black people cant dye their skin white...why cant we have a preference for thin people and for it not to be taboo to say Im after a girl who isnt fat
its an internet form.in the real world. making fun or even saying its a preference not have a fat girl is taboo

my point is small people cant change their height black people cant dye their skin white...why cant we have a preference for thin people and for it not to be taboo to say Im after a girl who isnt fat

that's fine, everyone's entitled to their preferences :smile:. Don't make fun of someone just because they're not your cup of tea though! And I have a lot of friends with first hand experience of being bullied for their weight in the real world.
Being curvy is subjective really. A skinny woman can still be curvy - just means you have a decent chest, high hip:waist ratio and probably a nice arse.
Curvy is not how fat you are.
Because it's trendy now. Beyoncé, ha, impact!
exactly.but why is it okay to say I like tall white man

but its not okay to say I want a thin girl as much

being anti fat is seen as bad but being anti tall isnt seen as bad

It's fine to say both imo :erm: as long as you aren't a dick about what you don't like :flower2:

I have no idea abut the anti fat anti tall thing. I honestly don't think that anti either is great. :auto::auto:
that's fine, everyone's entitled to their preferences :smile:. Don't make fun of someone just because they're not your cup of tea though! And I have a lot of friends with first hand experience of being bullied for their weight in the real world.

Grand I dont want a fat girl. no more hate. that happens with race and height too. Having the preference for certain races and heights as oppose to something you can control like fatness isnt tabooed though.
Original post by beeninetytwo
It's fine to say both imo :erm: as long as you aren't a dick about what you don't like :flower2:

I have no idea abut the anti fat anti tall thing. I honestly don't think that anti either is great. :auto::auto:

its okay to have a preference. but I dislike when girls say I like tall white men. whereas I cant say I want thin women as easily....

bout time its seen as equal.
Grand I dont want a fat girl. no more hate. that happens with race and height too. Having the preference for certain races and heights as oppose to something you can control like fatness isnt tabooed though.

I don't think it's tabooed for fatness! You can't blame a person for their preferences, but how they treat people that don't fit their preferences? You can judge them based on that.
I don't think it's tabooed for fatness! You can't blame a person for their preferences, but how they treat people that don't fit their preferences? You can judge them based on that.
not true.its taboo to comment "too fat for me" but "too small or not white" is accepted.
youre missing my point.
not true.its taboo to comment "too fat for me" but "too small or not white" is accepted.
youre missing my point.

I'm not missing it I just disagree with it :smile: as far as I'm concerned everyone's entitled to their preferences, just as long as they're not dicks about how they express it
I'm not missing it I just disagree with it :smile: as far as I'm concerned everyone's entitled to their preferences, just as long as they're not dicks about how they express it

*hugs you* okay.
*hugs you* okay.

sarcastic hug? :lol:
well there is the curve of their fat roll no?
sarcastic hug? :lol:

nah honestly feel we both had points and agreed to disagreed.

hugs are always nice. I become a fan of them as gay as it sounds.
nah honestly feel we both had points and agreed to disagreed.

hugs are always nice. I become a fan of them as gay as it sounds.

oh ok well in that case :hugs:

hugs are the best ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending