The Student Room Group

Why do so many girls call themselves 'curvy' when they clearly aren't?

Scroll to see replies

Delusional
They're hardly going to put "I'm fat" on their *dating* profile are they!? I mean really.
Reply 82
Why should her body size matter?
Pear shaped is curvy though.. That means her hips and thighs are curvy. If she were a thin girl with a rectangular frame or a big girl with a round body then I could understand your point. Big girls call themselves curvy all the time when they are actually round though. I do know what you're saying. That's rather annoying for me in situations where I'm forced to describe myself. I can't even say curvy anymore. I'd have to say hourglass or thicc. Recently I've even taken to saying
Pear shaped is curvy though.. That means her hips and thighs are curvy. If she were a thin girl with a rectangular frame or a big girl with a round body then I could understand your point. Big girls call themselves curvy all the time when they are actually round though. I do know what you're saying. That's rather annoying for me in situations where I'm forced to describe myself. I can't even say curvy anymore. I'd have to say hourglass or thicc. Recently I've even taken to saying "little through the middle but I got much back." xD it's really a silly culture. Fat is an ugly word but there's certainly a more accurate way to describe being very overweight..

But in this case from how you explained the girl in the picture she does actually sound curvy. She just might be a little heavier than you like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending