The Student Room Group

why can't I get a boyfriend

This is gonna make me sound so desperate but I kind of am so f*ck it. Basically I'm a 16 year old girl and I just really want a boyfriend but I can't even meet new boys just as friends so idk how it's ever going to happen. I have loads of friends who are boys but I'm not attracted to any of them and I think they see me more like one of the guys then a potential girlfriend. I've had boys tell me I'm hot/attractive etc and I've had boyfriends in the past but nothing has ever gone further than kissing and it's starting to get really frustrating as it seems like everyone else is having sex already and I'm just a lonely virgin. I don't really get invited to parties much apart from within my friends group so I don't get many opportunities to meet new people which is probably where I'm going wrong, but I don't know how to meet new people so I'm pretty much screwed. I start college in September so I might meet someone there but atm I've got over a month of summer left and I'd really like to spend it with someone else. It's not just the physical aspect of a relationship that I'm after (but obvs that's important :wink: ) but I miss just having someone to talk to all the time ( my last bf was like a year and a half ago). If anyone is in the same situation or has any advice/pulling tips pls help
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm a 16 year old girl

16 and complaining? There are more important things you should be focusing on such as your education instead of chasing after boys.
Original post by Ed's Balls
16 and complaining? There are more important things you should be focusing on such as your education instead of chasing after boys.

it's the summer holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile

Age is immaterial to this. No everybody wants to be a failed MP and with a more successful wife. :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
This is gonna make me sound so desperate but I kind of am so f*ck it. Basically I'm a 16 year old girl and I just really want a boyfriend but I can't even meet new boys just as friends so idk how it's ever going to happen. I have loads of friends who are boys but I'm not attracted to any of them and I think they see me more like one of the guys then a potential girlfriend. I've had boys tell me I'm hot/attractive etc and I've had boyfriends in the past but nothing has ever gone further than kissing and it's starting to get really frustrating as it seems like everyone else is having sex already and I'm just a lonely virgin. I don't really get invited to parties much apart from within my friends group so I don't get many opportunities to meet new people which is probably where I'm going wrong, but I don't know how to meet new people so I'm pretty much screwed. I start college in September so I might meet someone there but atm I've got over a month of summer left and I'd really like to spend it with someone else. It's not just the physical aspect of a relationship that I'm after (but obvs that's important :wink: ) but I miss just having someone to talk to all the time ( my last bf was like a year and a half ago). If anyone is in the same situation or has any advice/pulling tips pls help

Hey! I know how you feel haha. I'm 16 too and it seems like most of my friends are in relationships or doing whatever and I'm just here like :u:

but to be honest it's not that big of a deal. i get where you're coming from, as in 'the boys see you as one of the guys' as that is literally me in my friendship group! whilst they'll flirt with my girlfriends they'll just have usual lad banter with me, have no idea why :lol: but honestly it really isn't a big deal. I can guarantee you'll make tonnes of new friends in college and have loads of new experiences and you may potentially meet someone.
Original post by heyitgeg
it's the summer holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which could be used more productively than pining over why OP can't just have sex already and thinks it's the end of the world if she doesn't.

Original post by william walker
Age is immaterial to this. No everybody wants to be a failed MP and with a more successful wife. :wink:

Oh you're just jealous the only influence you hold is in this forum. :wink:

Oh you're just jealous the only influence you hold is in this forum. :wink:

I have seen the photo's of you playing football. I am not jealous at all. :tongue:
Original post by william walker
I have seen the photo's of you playing football. I am not jealous at all. :tongue:

Quite the stalker are we? :wink:
Quite the stalker are we? :wink:

Yeah I enjoy a good laugh. :colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by missaxo
Hey! I know how you feel haha. I'm 16 too and it seems like most of my friends are in relationships or doing whatever and I'm just here like :u:

but to be honest it's not that big of a deal. i get where you're coming from, as in 'the boys see you as one of the guys' as that is literally me in my friendship group! whilst they'll flirt with my girlfriends they'll just have usual lad banter with me, have no idea why :lol: but honestly it really isn't a big deal. I can guarantee you'll make tonnes of new friends in college and have loads of new experiences and you may potentially meet someone.

I hope so :smile:

I think that comment is well said but it is very true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending