The Student Room Group

Been terminated from university

Hello, I am 20 years old guy a d I have been told via post that I am no longer a student at university. I appealed this due to a misunderstanding as a tutor told me I could start second year again. It's been three weeks and I have heard no reply. I also cannot access the uni email.

I used to do a joint honours course but this proved to be to ambitious for me and I pretty much failed first year and then failed one half in second year. I went through with abandoning English from my course and it was agreed I could start this Sept as a second year student making a fresh start.

As time goes on I have become distressed and wonder why the board haven't made contact to even confirm receiving the letter. I am the first in my family to go to uni so I dint really have a defence as to how it all works.
Reply 1
If unsuccessful I really don't know what to do. My mum helped me with my appeal which made me wonder whether I am good enough for university at all. I ddnt even know what a tutor was in first year. I was bullied at home and by friends as a teenager for being gay and that has made me depressed. Also other life events have transpired which gained me extenuating circumstances, but this may not 've enough. I have been seeing a counsellor but didn't mention this in the letter
maxresdefault-2.jpgSorry, I couldn't resist. Have a look into alternative things you can get into in case they have completely rejected you entirely. You may be able to get onto an apprenticeship IF you're lucky. If not, then you are in a bit of a pickle.
Reply 3
I am suicidal anyway but no one takes it seriously. I don't. Have clear cut career ambitions or aptitude
Reply 4
Tutor said I could start again, I was so motivated, I was motivated at the official beginning of second year but it went down the crapper after Xmas. I just feel so tired of everything and unable to even function properly. I am a laugh with my friends and family who don't know I'm so sad deep down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending