The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AB25
Bumped into an old male friend the other day. We hadn't seen each other for a few months so decided to hang out as friends. So he came over to my house for an evening - we ate pizza and watched movies. We spoke for hours and had some really deep conversations and laughs. Nothing remotely sexual happened, but there was a strong chemistry between us. He was very complimentary of me - he complimented my personality, my hair and my figure - I was flattered. This was the first time we'd ever spent time just the two of us, and it was the closest I've ever felt to him.

The next morning he texted me saying that he had a great time and he'd like to meet up again. He suggested Tuesday next week and said "we should go out for a drink". Some people might interpret this as a date, but because we're already friends, I'm not sure how to see it.

What do you think?

"Like" is the keyword here. He is most likely checking how you feel about him. It might be on this date or it might be a couple of dates later but you he will soon let you know his feelings.

The way I see it, if you are only going out (regularly) the two of you alone, then he means business. That can be getting inside your body or getting inside your life. Or both.

You can always ask him directly.
Original post by Hevachan
I think you should go alone and find out :wink: he probably wants to test the waters.. see it as a pre-date date ^^ after a couple of drinks you'll find out either way :biggrin:

That sounds creepy. You are implying (in a comical tone) that OP's non-date partner will take advantage of her inebriated state. That's not funny.
Original post by Juichiro
That sounds creepy. You are implying (in a comical tone) that OP's non-date partner will take advantage of her inebriated state. That's not funny.

I think by have a warped mind if that's what you took from that o.o I meant that after a couple of drinks they will feel more relaxed and things will either feel like a date or just a friendship.... obviously o.o

Latest

Trending

Trending