The Student Room Group

Too insecure to ever get married

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Proxenus
Your husband will still love you because he would be very attached to you considering you must have been together for a number of years.

You're overthinking young grass hopper.

:smile:

Yeah I probably am overthinking- thank you for your kind words :smile:
I don't like showing my body to anyone either. Except to my boyfriend of course; it's just different with him, and even then it took a while for me to feel comfortable enough, but I got there, and you can too :yep:.

I also started wearing makeup everyday when I was 14, and only started getting lazy with it when I was 21 (coincidentally the year I also met my boyfriend, hehe), and rarely wear it much anymore except for nights out and special occasions. My boyfriend finds me beautiful, with or without my makeup, and I'm hoping to make him my husband one day :smile:

You're only 16, which is pretty much the peak time for feeling insecure, so don't worry too much, these feelings of yours should pass as you get older and experience life. Concentrate on studying and having fun for now, and your future husband will come in time :h:
You're 16. Chill out. When I was that age, I was convinced I'd never, ever have sex as it just seemed too disgusting. You're opinions and feelings change between the last few years of your teens.
I'm five years older and not thinking about marriage at all. So you're not alone
Reply 24
I felt like this for a really long time when I was younger too/teen years then kind of just stopped caring. Now I leave the house with wet hair and no makeup because I value the extra 30 minutes in bed more 😭 you might just get to that point. That happened when I was 21 maybe. I don't believe in marriage though so the dying alone thing never bothered me, when I was your age though I was insecure in the same way but I was more worried about never finding a boyfriend or being too insecure to have sex and so falling behind everyone else my age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I'm only 16 so I know I may be thinking too far but I think I'm going to have to die alone. I'm ridiculously insecure.

For example, I HATE/NEVER step out of the door without makeup. None of my friends have seen me without makeup for about 4/5 years. Only my family in my house see my without makeup. Even my other family members NEVER see me without makeup. I can't imagine ever having to show my bare face to my future husband.

I'm also extremely self conscious about my body and would NEVER EVER show it to anyone!

Am I the only girl that feels this way? :frown:

Try wearing less and less make up as time progresses. In that way your face with make up will slowly start shifting to your actual face without you noticing.
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
I'm only 16 so I know I may be thinking too far but I think I'm going to have to die alone. I'm ridiculously insecure.

For example, I HATE/NEVER step out of the door without makeup. None of my friends have seen me without makeup for about 4/5 years. Only my family in my house see my without makeup. Even my other family members NEVER see me without makeup. I can't imagine ever having to show my bare face to my future husband.

I'm also extremely self conscious about my body and would NEVER EVER show it to anyone!

Am I the only girl that feels this way? :frown:

What's wrong with your body? Are you overweight?

Also I'm sure you don't look much different without makeup.
I think most girls think about their dream wedding at a young age, so I don't find that awkward at all.

But, right now, that should not be your main concern. It's not the fear of getting married that is bothering you, but it's more of your self-esteem and confidence that is lacking. Hence the "forever alone" thoughts.

Work on building those areas about yourself first, then you will be able to love and accept yourself for who you are.

You also have to be positive about things, because good vibes attracts good people.

You're not the only one who feels this way, and you surely won't be the last.

This is the time to enjoy life and focus on your studies. Time doesn't wait for anybody and feeling pessimistic about the future will hinder your progress.

You will be fine and remember, there is somebody out there for everyone of us.
When you're in love with someone, they'll love you for who you are - make up or no make up, clothes or :sexface: no clothes. I'd just not worry about it for now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending