The Student Room Group

Does anyone believe in the supernatural or paranormal activity?

I know it sounds dumb, but I am just interested to know. I've been watching this programme called a Haunting. It seems so real!

Call me naive, but I am starting to believe there are something's unexpected.

Scroll to see replies

I don't believe in ghosts but they still creep me the **** out when I see pictures of supposed sightings/those godawful tv shows about haunted buildings. It's so great a fear that I have to change the tv channel if even an ad for a movie/show about ghosts comes on. :colondollar:
Anything on TV about ghosts or supernatural beings is rubbish and is fabricated.

Go to a graveyard at night or a "haunted house" and you'll realise that there's nothing out there.
Reply 3
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Anything on TV about ghosts or supernatural beings is rubbish and is fabricated.

Go to a graveyard at night or a "haunted house" and you'll realise that there's nothing out there.

I was sorta thinking the same thing. At first I was wondering, why is it that only American people get haunted sightings and people in UK don't? Then I realised, we don't really do any shows of that sort. Not that I know of anyway.

So you are not afraid of horror movies or series I see.
After reading Anomalistic Psychology by Chris French, I'm inclined to believe there is usually a rational scientific explanation for paranormal activity.
Original post by Twister457
I know it sounds dumb, but I am just interested to know. I've been watching this programme called a Haunting. It seems so real!

Call me naive, but I am starting to believe there are something's unexpected.

I do not think you are naive at all. I've seen a ghost when I was a kid and I'm 32 now.. I believe I have a sixth sense and I can also communicate with the dead in my dreams so to those who haven't experienced such a thing, will automatically believe there is nothing out there! There is and you will only know if you are a gifted person.
I keep an open mind. I've witnessed things which have no logical expectation, but wouldn't say I'm an anorak wearing, crystal ball gazing Believer.

Our old house had a ****e cat which would appear out of nowhere despite all windows and doors being closed in the room it would appear in, and nowhere for it to have hidden, and could generally only be seen out of the corner of one's eye.

Recently in our present house, things have disappeared from where they should be and reappeared minutes later, such as (for example) a tin opener not being in a drawer one minute despite a thorough search, and then a couple of minutes later would be sitting on top of everything else in the drawer with no one except me being in the kitchen.

Books have been observed to fly off shelves 2 or 3 feet horizontally before falling to the floor... Bumping and banging coming from upstairs as if someone was ransacking the bedrooms but when checked no one present and nothing out of place... Little things.
Reply 7
Original post by shadowdancer97
After reading Anomalistic Psychology by Chris French, I'm inclined to believe there is usually a rational scientific explanation for paranormal activity.

Do you believe that fear is only imaginary? If we can avoid fear we can tackle anything?
Reply 8
Original post by BlesseD83
I do not think you are naive at all. I've seen a ghost when I was a kid and I'm 32 now.. I believe I have a sixth sense and I can also communicate with the dead in my dreams so to those who haven't experienced such a thing, will automatically believe there is nothing out there! There is and you will only know if you are a gifted person.

Awesome, are you a psychic?

You reminded me of the film 6th sense
Reply 9
Original post by Danno190
I keep an open mind. I've witnessed things which have no logical expectation, but wouldn't say I'm an anorak wearing, crystal ball gazing Believer.

Our old house had a ****e cat which would appear out of nowhere despite all windows and doors being closed in the room it would appear in, and nowhere for it to have hidden, and could generally only be seen out of the corner of one's eye.

Recently in our present house, things have disappeared from where they should be and reappeared minutes later, such as (for example) a tin opener not being in a drawer one minute despite a thorough search, and then a couple of minutes later would be sitting on top of everything else in the drawer with no one except me being in the kitchen.

Books have been observed to fly off shelves 2 or 3 feet horizontally before falling to the floor... Bumping and banging coming from upstairs as if someone was ransacking the bedrooms but when checked no one present and nothing out of place... Little things.

Wow, if this is true, it sounds a lot like the stuff seen on each of the episodes in the programme "The Haunted". Doesn't it scare you? Isn't anyone else noticing these things?

What I don't get is why do the ghosts do this? What benefit do they get? Why can't they just let people live in peace if they really do exist out there?
Wow, if this is true, it sounds a lot like the stuff seen on each of the episodes in the programme "The Haunted". Doesn't it scare you? Isn't anyone else noticing these things?

What I don't get is why do the ghosts do this? What benefit do they get? Why can't they just let people live in peace if they really do exist out there?

Not scary... I mean I think if ghosts were capable of hurting us they wouldn't waste their time doing magic tricks :wink:

I think it could be a form of communication. For example, my Auntie went to clear out my Granddad's flat after he died and the lights started switching themselves on and off as she went to leave, and then his bunch of keys jumped out of her pocket to about head-hight before landing on the ground - he'd often throw his keys in the air and catch them again when he was alive, so we put it down to him letting us know he was OK wherever he'd moved on to.

But like I said. Open mind. It could be some sort of manifestation of psychic energy and nothing at all to do with disembodied consciousnesses.
One time, when I was 13, I saw a glass of orange juice literally just fall over by itself on my table. I was sitting in my living room watching TV on my own and I remember it so vividly. I mean, the windows weren't open, the wooden table didn't budge and it definitely wasn't gravity playing games. I honestly don't know what the hell happened.

What's more creepy is that the previous owner of the house died as a drunkard in a pub. Oh, and maybe my little sister is just clumsy but she kept on spilling her drink at mealtimes. Luckily, I just watched the glass dropped not even giving a darn what happened: I've the scientific mind so, although at present I haven't the living clue (get it?) what caused it, I'm sure it's something legitimate.

#Haunting #drinkingkills
Awesome, are you a psychic?

You reminded me of the film 6th sense

Psychic in a way yea, I can feel the presence, I know when something is amongst me and for those whom have passed who I had a close relationship with, they will visit me sometimes in my dream with messages. I can't read tarrots or do psychic readings but I do have strong senses and a strong spiritual connection with the other side.

I dreamed my mothers sickness before she got sick 3 years ago. She is now disabled bless her.
You should watch Ghost Adventures! Its so goooood!This is the only ghost programme I believe is actually real.
Original post by SheldonReid
One time, when I was 13, I saw a glass of orange juice literally just fall over by itself on my table. I was sitting in my living room watching TV on my own and I remember it so vividly. I mean, the windows weren't open, the wooden table didn't budge and it definitely wasn't gravity playing games. I honestly don't know what the hell happened.

What's more creepy is that the previous owner of the house died as a drunkard in a pub. Oh, and maybe my little sister is just clumsy but she kept on spilling her drink at mealtimes. Luckily, I just watched the glass dropped not even giving a darn what happened: I've the scientific mind so, although at present I haven't the living clue (get it?) what caused it, I'm sure it's something legitimate.

#Haunting #drinkingkills

Dude, if I were you I would have left the house and moved to my nearest relative as soon as I could if I saw a glass of juice just fall like that lol. Juice or no juice, that stuff is scary man.

I get scared seeing my clothes on my chair forming a figure of the grudge woman at night. I still sleep with the duvet over my head since I heard about the Russian sleep experiment. I am 20! :colondollar:

Haunted and Paranormal activity scare me so much
I was sorta thinking the same thing. At first I was wondering, why is it that only American people get haunted sightings and people in UK don't? Then I realised, we don't really do any shows of that sort. Not that I know of anyway.

So you are not afraid of horror movies or series I see.

Yep, American people love a scary scene.

No not really, I might be weary for an hour in the dark after watching a scary film but I do not get scared of anything.

I would happily walk into a basement of a house alone in the dark or similar witout fear
Original post by iamspiderman
You should watch Ghost Adventures! Its so goooood!This is the only ghost programme I believe is actually real.

Will do, I like entertaining stuff
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Yep, American people love a scary scene.

No not really, I might be weary for an hour in the dark after watching a scary film but I do not get scared of anything.

I would happily walk into a basement of a house alone in the dark or similar witout fear

If you ever go to Canada, try their basements. Boy are they scary.
Reply 18
I like scary stories and scary ideas but I don't believe the supernatural is real.
I do. There's a ghost in my flat :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending