The Student Room Group

How much more attention will getting well built get me from girls?

Scroll to see replies

Super attention.

Well built seems very manly to me. Normal built guys are good, but well built is a bonus lol
If you are talking about looking muscly many girls don't find it any more attractive than an average body they just don't want to be 'shagging a brick'. Just like some guys do not like athletic looking women. Some will be into it though but you can't please everyone. This is why it's important to just be yourself there's no point putting in all that effort just to attract as it won't work/is not worth it but if you enjoy working out then of course it's worth it go for it I can't see how it would put you at a disadvantage plus look at the health benefits!
You will only attract girls who prefer guys who hit the gym hard...however these girls are not different to the ones who prefer skinny/fat guys.

Just remember most girls (even the ones you think you are not good enough for) are truly into personality more than anything else. I know many girls who I would consider to be 9/10 who have openly said they would prefer a chubby 'nice' guy over a muscular 'okay' guy.
Yes it will help but facial aesthetics and confidence are the most important things tbh
Think of yourself like you would see a racehorse, see a plump, sad one, you don't think so much of it but if you see one standing tall and proud of who it is, strong and bold, with every movement you see a complexity of the many muscles in the body and before you is something you wish you were, qualities we all wish to have, this horse looks like he might win and that is what women want, a winner.

To be honest, the best thing to do is find who you want and focus on her, she will appreciate this more than you trying to get her to look at you, as women are clever and the whole time you are tending to them (making her feel special and getting her laughing) they are very much checking you out.

What you are going for is health, Can you perform all the necessary duties in your life and still have energy for tomorrow. Someone who exercises performs movements that are not the regular walking, sitting and chatting of everyday life, these extraordinary movements release endorphins and free radicals which make you naturally more happy and optimistic and getting things moving get's the juices going so you're more relaxed and can get going with having a good conversation.

Another thing is, not only does getting the blood round the system and makes your arms look big and impressive, this does have the same effect on a particular muscle they are all interested in, go back to the racehorse analogy for hints on that one.

So, healthy glow, good smile, healthy fat percentage and happy persona and you should have no problem. Less like an animal pak freak and more like a fitness model.
I think getting well built for your frame will give you more chances of getting laid than if you're lanky / scrawny / fat, also gives you more confidence
Original post by The_Blade
Barely any difference. Just spit bars

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you keep saying that? :laugh:
Original post by Anonymous
I was just wondering how much more attention being well built (having big muscles) would get from girls at Uni and in clubs etc. (I'm 19). I've been going to the gym for 3 months and already starting to see a bit more attention from girls, I'm pretty tall and Atm i'm kind of half way between lanky and well built but i've got more work to do. I'm not talking about ridiculous muscles but like this: http://malecelebnews.com/wp-content/images/2012/01/Wiehahn-Stiglingh-in-Mens-Health-magazine-02.jpg

It's all in the face and demeanour. Musscles only get you there 3/4 the way. If you really wanna knock em over you gotta look good, dress good, smell good, drive good, treat them good etc as well not just get muscular? :rofl: but yea it's a step.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by saifkhawaja
from my experience some dont really care - it depends really. and if you look good and can pull off your body type it shouldnt really be a problem either way (imo)

Posted from TSR Mobile

This
Original post by prophetkid
It depends what type of girl you prefer.
Personally, I find muscles and all that, off putting and not attractive at all.

And this

(from a woman)
Original post by Anonymous
This

And this

(from a woman)

No offence, but anon for this? Why?
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Why do you keep saying that? :laugh:

I feel I'm not recognised enough for my talent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply