The Student Room Group

My younger brother is really disrespectful ?? Muslims

Well, he just doesnt care about what he says to us, he'll swear at us even his mum and dad and call them names. We're muslims and my family practises except him he critises us and says we're wrong and mocks us for praying ect, if you understand about Pakistanis and muslims, this is reallly bad and he's been given everything he's plays in the PC and PS4 all the time, food is paid for by my parents, same for his clothes ect.

Now it comes to friday prayers and he just stays at home, i'll go and i'll ask him and he'll say no and i'll leave. However if my dad asks him he'll swear at him and says stuff like 'this ****ing retard wants me to pray what good is in it for' ect. Sometimes he says worse things. I really dont know what to do.

My parenst are really upset by this, I dont get why he has to tell us we're wrong cant he keep it to himself ? Its not like he paid for anything.....

What can I do ??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Well, he just doesnt care about what he says to us, he'll swear at us even his mum and dad and call them names. We're muslims and my family practises except him he critises us and says we're wrong and mocks us for praying ect, if you understand about Pakistanis and muslims, this is reallly bad and he's been given everything he's plays in the PC and PS4 all the time, food is paid for by my parents, same for his clothes ect.

Now it comes to friday prayers and he just stays at home, i'll go and i'll ask him and he'll say no and i'll leave. However if my dad asks him he'll swear at him and says stuff like 'this ****ing retard wants me to pray what good is in it for' ect. Sometimes he says worse things. I really dont know what to do.

My parenst are really upset by this, I dont get why he has to tell us we're wrong cant he keep it to himself ? Its not like he paid for anything.....

What can I do ??

I'm not pakistani, but I am a muslim too.

When my cousin went astray to run away with a married man I prayed for her return. I was patient. Within 2 weeks she returned. Fair enough she ran out of money. But she also never saw that man again. We still see this man when we go to the main shopping market here. But we are happy that she got out of his clutches.

You are a muslim. When you are worried about something you pray for it. Inshallah you will get it. If your brother deserves forgiveness from Allah, he will get it.
Reply 2
How old is that savage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not Muslim but anyway, how old is your brother?
Why are you trying to force him to pray against his will?

My parents are (thankfully) totally irreligious, but if they tried to make me practice a religion I'd be pissed at them and tell them where to shove their attempts at indoctrination.
LOL. If he swore at my mum the Jutti (Shoe) would come straight off! Hah. :u:
Buy him a ticket to Pakistan.
You can't force him to pray against his will.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Why are you trying to force him to pray against his will?

My parents are (thankfully) totally irreligious, but if they tried to make me practice a religion I'd be pissed at them and tell them where to shove their attempts at indoctrination.

Where does it says force ?? We dont force him we ASK him and then he swears at us ect. Thats what I wrote and I didnt say force and dont intend to force him to do anything.
Reply 9
Original post by Saleem Aslam
You can't force him to pray against his will.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whose forcing him !? I said we ASK him
lol yeah my brothers like that but like not the muslim part cause we're not religious. hes jsut really disrespectful but he gets everything. hes 15.
Original post by German123
I am not Muslim but anyway, how old is your brother?

Whose forcing him !? I said we ASK him

Well you are trying to push religious beliefs on him which he clearly does not believe in...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adeel Ali
LOL. If he swore at my mum the Jutti (Shoe) would come straight off! Hah. :u:

Lol. Not like that here
Spoilt little brat.

Stop giving him things. Take away his ps4 etc.

Edit:Wait hes 20? Damn like kick him off his backside and make him get a job...
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol. Not like that here

Damn he's 20? I thought like 11 or something. Well he clearly isn't going to change.. Just tell him to keep his unwanted beliefs to himself.

Then by law he has the right to be free and not be controlled under your parents.

Btw, me saying that does not mean i condone his act.
If he doesn't want to pray, he doesn't have to, and you should respect his decision, but he should be more respectful in his refusal. Do your parents or you harass him to go? Is his response at all justified?
Reply 18

What can I do ??

As tough as it is, just ignore his remarks and try to lay off him about practising, it won't help if he doesn't have the love in his heart to pray. I know it must be hard as a family, and really upsetting for your parents, but your brother must be having a tough time in his relationship with God, just pray for him and in shaa Allah all will heal.

So I reckon, just don't mention religion to him and maybe in time, he will turn back once again to our beautiful faith. Have trust in Allah
Original post by Adeel Ali
Damn he's 20? I thought like 11 or something. Well he clearly isn't going to change.. Just tell him to keep his unwanted beliefs to himself.

and vice versa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending