The Student Room Group

Russell Group uni with BCE at AS??

Will I still get offers from Russell Group unis despite getting BCE in my AS levels? I really want to study Biology at Cardiff or Sheffield but their entry requirements are AAA-ABB would I still get offers despite my grades being so awful and as a result only being predicted BBB if I have a strong personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
You'll probably need the grades to get the offers, even if in your A2 exams you dropped a grade and you fortunately were still accepted, but at BCE you can still get ABB at least. Going up one grade for each you come to ABD - with some strategic remarks/resits of that D grade subject, a B is certainly possible. It'll go on your predicted grades not your AS's for offers though so you should be okay so long as you can get your predictions up. I'd discuss it with your tutor/s. A strong personal statement will certainly help though. All the best.
Reply 2
[QUOTE=ewil;58571603]You'll probably need the grades to get the offers, even if in your A2 exams you dropped a grade and you fortunately were still accepted, but at BCE you can still get ABB at least. Going up one grade for each you come to ABD - with some strategic remarks/resits of that D grade subject, a B is certainly possible. It'll go on your predicted grades not your AS's for offers though so you should be okay so long as you can get your predictions up. I'd discuss it with your tutor/s. A strong personal statement will certainly help though. All the best.

Ah okay Thank You, I'm planning on retaking one exam for the subjects I got an E and a C in as I was only a few ums from the next grade up, and I think I can easily boost my AS up to Atleast BBC it's just whether I can convince my teachers to boost my predicted grades up and prove it's realistic for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending