The Student Room Group

Ucas account

I applied for university this year but I have decided to go back to college and reapply for 2016 entry. Do I have to create a new ucas account?
Original post by thebearissquare
I applied for university this year but I have decided to go back to college and reapply for 2016 entry. Do I have to create a new ucas account?

yes you ll have to reapply:smile:
Original post by claireestelle

Can i reuse my personal statement?

You can, and your personal ID number will show that it's you so you won't get picked up for plagiarism, but surely some things have changed since you first used it and it can be polished up a bit this time?

It will come up in the plagiarism filter but with your own name i think so i believe they would know it was yours, but i d recommend you think about changing some of it, as you're older and wiser so you can probably now improve on what you wrote a year ago:smile:
It will come up in the plagiarism filter but with your own name i think so i believe they would know it was yours, but i d recommend you think about changing some of it, as you're older and wiser so you can probably now improve on what you wrote a year ago:smile:

Snap!
Reply 6

Just wondering, couldn't you just defer the entry or would it be too late to do that?
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You can, and your personal ID number will show that it's you so you won't get picked up for plagiarism, but surely some things have changed since you first used it and it can be polished up a bit this time?

I did read it the other day and it is better then i remember i don't really want to change it. Do UCAS link up my old account with my new one?
I did read it the other day and it is better then i remember i don't really want to change it. Do UCAS link up my old account with my new one?

Yes, they will.
Yes, they will.

Ok thank you for the help, I have edited my personal statement slightly but now i'm down to 3894 out of 4000 characters is this too short? should i add another sentence?
Ok thank you for the help, I have edited my personal statement slightly but now i'm down to 3894 out of 4000 characters is this too short? should i add another sentence?

Don't pad things out just for the sake of it, and also be aware that Word doesn't match the formatting on the Ucas form, so when you paste it into the real thing, you may even end up having to cut things out.
Don't pad things out just for the sake of it, and also be aware that Word doesn't match the formatting on the Ucas form, so when you paste it into the real thing, you may even end up having to cut things out.

I copied and pasted it into the ucas statement box to get the character count. I think everything in my statement is explained well without going into too much detail. Thanks i don't want to add a useless sentence in there just to fill it out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending