The Student Room Group

Guy who likes me won't stop texting me?

A few weeks ago I started talking to a guy who apparently really liked me (he'd been telling all my friends). At first, I was happy to talk to him, but after a week, he begun texting me every single day, hour after hour and I just really felt like he wasn't giving me any space... whenever I took longer than a few hours or so to reply, he would always double text me saying "why do you always take so long to reply?". Once I got a text saying "do you dislike me, is that why you're not replying?" and another time he said "I've seen you online (Whatsapp), how come you're not replying?"

I honestly don't know what to do, he once sent me eight texts in a row and I ignored every single one of them to show how disinterested I was but he kept on trying! He even went to one of my friends saying how he thought I liked him back when I've clearly shown 0% interest in him. My question is, what should I do about this situation?

Tl;dr a guy who likes me texts me obsessively and even though I've tried to curve him numerous times he still doesn't get the hint, what should I do?
Temporarily block his number. And when you're ready to deal with him again just unblock him and say "hey, sorry I didn't see your text, I'm really busy so I'll get back to you when I have the time :smile:"

works every time.
Instead of being so vague, maybe you should just tell him that you don't like him that way, and that you don't want him to text you.
Original post by Anonymous
A few weeks ago I started talking to a guy who apparently really liked me (he'd been telling all my friends). At first, I was happy to talk to him, but after a week, he begun texting me every single day, hour after hour and I just really felt like he wasn't giving me any space... whenever I took longer than a few hours or so to reply, he would always double text me saying "why do you always take so long to reply?". Once I got a text saying "do you dislike me, is that why you're not replying?" and another time he said "I've seen you online (Whatsapp), how come you're not replying?"

I honestly don't know what to do, he once sent me eight texts in a row and I ignored every single one of them to show how disinterested I was but he kept on trying! He even went to one of my friends saying how he thought I liked him back when I've clearly shown 0% interest in him. My question is, what should I do about this situation?

Tl;dr a guy who likes me texts me obsessively and even though I've tried to curve him numerous times he still doesn't get the hint, what should I do?

Well he's clingy and slighty obsessive even though youre not even a dating or anything. Just tell him that you dont like him back and to stop texting so much since he isnt getting hints.
I hope your exaggerating the frequency of his messages , because that's like paper-film level clingy.
Just be honest with him. I had a guy friend that texted me constantly I started avoiding him and in the end I ended up upsetting him. It took a while for us to rebuild our friendship, I wish I was honest in the beginning. I know he isn't your friend and you probably don't care if he doesn't wanna talk to you again lol. My point is you should let him know the deal.
Reply 6
Just be honest with the dude, nothing worse than trying with a girl who isn't interested in you. I'd much rather be told by a girl, than them pretend they like me. :smile:
keep ignoring him and tell him you're not interested, block him and if he confronts you in person say you broke your phone or change your number (depending on your provider the first time is free)
Reply 8
Thanks for all the advice guys! It's really helpful, so far I think the honest approach seems the best but it also seems the harshest. The problem with that is he's very close friends with my friends, so if I hurt his feelings too much, I'll also hurt my friends and I'll anger them, so I'm just a little conflicted.
Reply 9
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I hope your exaggerating the frequency of his messages , because that's like paper-film level clingy.

Oh, I wish I was exaggerating lol.
Reply 10
Thanks for all the advice guys! It's really helpful, so far I think the honest approach seems the best but it also seems the harshest. The problem with that is he's very close friends with my friends, so if I hurt his feelings too much, I'll also hurt my friends and I'll anger them, so I'm just a little conflicted.

This guy just needs to be told no it's simple as,it will hurt more if it drags on and your friends can't get upset with you if you don't like the guy otherwise they aren't really your mates and just be simple and relaxed about it say you don't like him like that and for him to give you space

It doesn't matter if he is close to your friends, you need to tell him to stop texting you so much.

It's because he has no options. He needs to become good looking first, and then meet women. Until then he will stalk you to the corners of the Earth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending