The Student Room Group

Can too much texting a girl be bad?

As a friend? We work in the same place, We"ve been texting every single day for a year and recently it started to run dry. We both used to reply fast but now we reply when we feel like it. Somehow we both never let it get to 2 days before replying but its been 3 days since. Ive been off work for a week.

I texted her last. She didnt text back.
It wasnt a text that needed replying too but i didnt text her back and she never texted me back that day.

Should i just leave it? I dont want her to feel ignored nor do i want to annoy her.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a year lol u dumb

simple logic, the more of you she sees the more for granted she will take you, I am very serious about this, this is just my own personal experiences, and while this may not be the case for you it certainly is for me.

arrange a meetup, quit texting (or reduce it by 3/5)
If it doesn't need replying to, then leave it. I've had friends (now ex friends) constantly text me and it's annoying. Especially when it's nonsense. One appears to be glued to his phone and didn't understand that I'm not.
Reply 3
Original post by whorace
a year lol u dumb

simple logic, the more of you she sees the more for granted she will take you, I am very serious about this, this is just my own personal experiences, and while this may not be the case for you it certainly is for me.

I think it is going like you say, we've been texting all day from morning to night for a year.

I give her lifts home now that I have a car, but when I was taking two trains to go home, she never once offered, also I buy her sweets all the time, she never does that for me, plus she hugs colleagues who are boys she hardly talks to, ive been talking to her for a year non stop and she never once hugged me, she hugged him infront of me, i looked at her in a what are you doing face, she looked and me and went, awww and walked off.

the only good thing she does is text me first when i stop texting her and when i blanked her for a day at work, she tried to see what was up.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by bennyboyben
I think it is going like you say, we've been texting all day from morning to night for a year.

I give her lifts home now that I have a car, but when I was taking two trains to go home, she never once offered, also I buy her sweets all the time, she never does that for me, plus she hugs colleagues who are boys she hardly talks to, ive been talking to her for a year non stop and she never once hugged me, she hugged him infront of me, i looked at her in a what are you doing face, she looked and me and went, awww and walked off.

the only good thing she does is text me first when i stop texting her and when i blanked her for a day at work, she tried to see what was up.

You sound like such a beta that it actually hurts. She used you for free rides. Now she's got a car she has disposed you. Delete her number and don't speak to her again.
Reply 5
Original post by whorace
a year lol u dumb

This.

OP, you like this girl?
Original post by ubisoft
You sound like such a beta that it actually hurts. She used you for free rides. Now she's got a car she has disposed you. Delete her number and don't speak to her again.

very mean thing to say
Reply 7
Original post by gr8wizard10
very mean thing to say

OP needs a swift kick.
Reply 8

I don't know if she used you but it's obvious that you have feelings for her and she just likes you as a friend. I'm in the same situation, I know it hurts.
Reply 9
Original post by Conkerr
I don't know if she used you but it's obvious that you have feelings for her and she just likes you as a friend. I'm in the same situation, I know it hurts.

When I first met her, I didnt like her that way, heard from other people that she liked me, but still had no feelings for her, we still texted daily, months went by and I i started to fall for her but it was too late, I left it far too long and now am a convenient text buddy to her all because i was always available.

Dunno what I want anymore, everytime I try to get over her, she texts me, and when i reply, she doesnt,
Still want to be her friend though, She hasnt tried in 4 days and neither have i.

Is this a good thing? a break.
(edited 8 years ago)
A year of texting???????????????? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Original post by OU Student
If it doesn't need replying to, then leave it. I've had friends (now ex friends) constantly text me and it's annoying. Especially when it's nonsense. One appears to be glued to his phone and didn't understand that I'm not.

The conversation basically went like this,

I texted her a 4 am, saying have a good day at work,
When she woke up she replied, what you doing up this late?
I replied, I never sleeep lol.

that was it, neither of us tried to text since. which is odd because we used to reply all the time and carry on.
Reply 12
When I first met her, I didnt like her that way, heard from other people that she liked me, but still had no feelings for her, we still texted daily, months went by and I i started to fall for her but it was too late, I left it far too long and now am a convenient text buddy to her all because i was always available.

Dunno what I want anymore, everytime I try to get over her, she texts me, and when i reply, she doesnt,
Still want to be her friend though, She hasnt tried in 4 days and neither have i.

Is this a good thing? a break.

How do you know it's too late? If she had feelings for you at some point, she probably still have them.

Again, I'm in the same situation except that we text less than you but I see her everyweek. You've got two solutions: tell her and see what happens or move on, don't reply anymore. I've chosen the third solution (keep seeing her every week and suffer...) because we've like 30 very good friends in common and it would be awkward (+ I know she only likes me as a friend so there's no point). Don't make the same mistake...!
Original post by Conkerr
How do you know it's too late? If she had feelings for you at some point, she probably still have them.

Again, I'm in the same situation except that we text less than you but I see her everyweek. You've got two solutions: tell her and see what happens or move on, don't reply anymore. I've chosen the third solution (keep seeing her every week and suffer...) because we've like 30 very good friends in common and it would be awkward (+ I know she only likes me as a friend so there's no point). Don't make the same mistake...!

It's tough isnt it? wanting someone that doesnt like you back and you see them all the time and the feelings get stronger and doesnt go away.

Only reason I didnt ask her out when she had feelings for me is because I didnt feel anyting at the time, also I didnt have a car and she did, I live in the middle of no where and public transport was a nightmare, so I wouldnt have been able to actually go out with her, call me old fashioned but I didnt want to be driven around by a girl too. I wanted to be the one taking her out.

I'm happy to be friends though, even though i would suffer quietly, the every day texting for a year would amount to nothing otherwise.
Original post by Conkerr

do you think that If a girl liked you at some point, she may like you again in the future?
Like Im trying to get out of the friendzone, but im avoiding her, then after a while I will come back to her, my goal to to reset out dynamics.

I knew she liked me, a lot of touching, compliments, she asked about other girls, she got angry that she was texting first and always making the plans.
Original post by freedom
do you think that If a girl liked you at some point, she may like you again in the future?
Like Im trying to get out of the friendzone, but im avoiding her, then after a while I will come back to her, my goal to to reset out dynamics.

I knew she liked me, a lot of touching, compliments, she asked about other girls, she got angry that she was texting first and always making the plans.

Are you trying to make her forget you then start over with her? If you like her that much then i guess thats worth giving it a go.
Are you trying to make her forget you then start over with her? If you like her that much then i guess thats worth giving it a go.

basically not forget me as a person, but forget me as a friend. So we are starting again, and this time I make moves on her
Reply 17
Original post by gr8wizard10
very mean thing to say

Original post by ubisoft
OP needs a swift kick.

She used him, i'd say ubisoft is the one being generous here, by pointing out how not to be screwed over in the future.

People are not nice sorry but it's true, even nice people are sometimes horrible or don't even realise what they are doing, unless you take care of yourself no one else will respect you, and respect is more important than generosity, because being respected gets you what you want and being generous gets you screwed.
Original post by whorace

simple logic, the more of you she sees the more for granted she will take you

^^Totally right
Reply 19
It's tough isnt it? wanting someone that doesnt like you back and you see them all the time and the feelings get stronger and doesnt go away.

Only reason I didnt ask her out when she had feelings for me is because I didnt feel anyting at the time, also I didnt have a car and she did, I live in the middle of no where and public transport was a nightmare, so I wouldnt have been able to actually go out with her, call me old fashioned but I didnt want to be driven around by a girl too. I wanted to be the one taking her out.

I'm happy to be friends though, even though i would suffer quietly, the every day texting for a year would amount to nothing otherwise.

Yes, it's probably the worst feeling possible after the loss of someone you loved. This is past, I still think you should tell her. Unless you are 100% convinced she won't have the same feelings for you but if she hasn't told you it's impossible to know. If there's even only 0.1% chance she says yes I say go for it.

I hope it won't turn out the same for you. I was very happy to be friends too. I had to make a lot of effort to be one of her best friends... But that 'better friends than nothing' has destroyed my life. I really wish I had never met her or tried to be friends with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending