The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Collegelands and Placement

Heya, I'm staying in Collegelands for this year but I have a question if you know or if this has happened to you.
So, I wasn't assigned from Strathclyde University to Collegelands but I went for private accommodation. Now, placement has come up and it looks like I'll go to Dublin! The problem is, for in campus students, Strathclyde ends their tenancy and they don't have to worry about paying rent even if they leave town. Being here at Collegelands privately I don't have the University help, so i was wondering how it works with ending my tenancy. I read the tenancy agreement 3 times but can't find anything about ending my tenancy earlier. I'll end up asking at the reception, I know, but I just wanted to see if any of you went through this before.
I'd really love to go to Dublin for placement but if I can't end my tenancy, and have to keep paying the rent here, I can't go... and pay in two places.
Reply 1
I heard from Collegelands that their tenancy lenght lasts until August, right? I was looking for a room for January and I wrote to them for info.I saw posts of people renting their rooms before the end of their tenancy, but I don't know if all the private accommodations allow it.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Yes, they actually have two tenancy agreements: 50 weeks ( the one i'm in) and a few weeks less. I have to find someone to take my place in order to pass them my tenancy and stop paying. That's how it works

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending