The Student Room Group

How to apply for second year entry to scottish unis?

Hi, I'm looking to apply to some Scottish unis but all their BSc courses are 4 years. However I know it's possible to apply for a 3 year course if you've done A levels by starting in the second year - this is called advanced entry. Does anyone know how I can apply for advanced entry on ucas? For example, for physics at glasgow there are two options but I don't know which one (if any) is advanced entry:
Physics (F300) 4FT Hon BSc (Hons)
Physics (F301) 5FT IMD Msci (Hon

(I'm thinking I might just have to write "second year entry" in the further details section.)

Thanks
Original post by WCF
Hi, I'm looking to apply to some Scottish unis but all their BSc courses are 4 years. However I know it's possible to apply for a 3 year course if you've done A levels by starting in the second year - this is called advanced entry. Does anyone know how I can apply for advanced entry on ucas? For example, for physics at glasgow there are two options but I don't know which one (if any) is advanced entry:
Physics (F300) 4FT Hon BSc (Hons)
Physics (F301) 5FT IMD Msci (Hon

(I'm thinking I might just have to write "second year entry" in the further details section.)

Thanks

I think there is a "point of entry" box when you pick the university and course - see:

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/who-we-are/ucas-terms-explained

which says: "Point of entry in your application, which year of the course you start at for example ‘2’ means you’d start in the second year of the course."

Both the courses you mention are available as full degree courses - the BSc will be a four year course and the MSci a five year course. Either or both or neither might offer direct entry into the second year - check the entry requirements on the university's website.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Holmstock
I think there is a "point of entry" box when you pick the university and course - see:

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/who-we-are/ucas-terms-explained

which says: "Point of entry in your application, which year of the course you start at for example ‘2’ means you’d start in the second year of the course."

Both the courses you mention are available as full degree courses - the BSc will be a four year course and the MSci a five year course. Either or both or neither might offer direct entry into the second year - check the entry requirements on the university's website.

Not sure how I missed that - thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending