The Student Room Group

Do any of the people on tsr wish Porsche was never taken over by Volkswagen group?

Do any of the people on tsr wish Porsche was never taken over by Volkswagen group? When I see a 991 with what appear to be Volkswagen indicator stalks I feel as if the quality of the interior has been declined. Also when I see the latest caymans and 991 having the same cubby hole/storage with a sliding cover the same as my dad's golf mark 5, it kind of makes me feel as the brand has been devalued. If Porsche had not been bought by Volkswagen Group would it have gone out of existence because if all the derivatives Porsche bet on going bad when trying to buy Volkswagen? I saw the money program on Porsche trying to buy Volkswagen labelled on YouTube called Porsche making billions or something like that but I dint know why Porsche went from a position of strength to being bought by Volkswagen Group.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
VAG have shares in Porsche and Porsche have shares in VAG.
Neither "own" the other outright.
Reply 2
I don't think they have been taken over, but if they have then they've done a good job. Many of the recent Porsche's that have come out are considered to be amongst the all time greats in the sports/super car world. The new Turbo S is such a beast and a landmark for modern sports cars.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending