The Student Room Group

If I apply for a bursary with your PGCE and am successful, can I get SFE funding?

Title is SUPPOSED to say "If I apply for a bursary with my PGCE and am successful, can I get SFE funding?"

Hey Guys;

Well I am curious but, I am on my way to either a 2:1 or a First so far going by my current grades but am in my second year so, could go either way but will push for that first.

Anyway, I want to teach Biology with Chemistry on the side at secondary school level and am doing a Biomedical Science degree.
I have looked into funding for the year long course and was wondering, should for whatever reason the bursary not be enough, would I be eligible for a small loan from SFE of say, not more than £1,500?

EDIT:
The title could use some work, please don't judge me... =l
Initial title was supposed to be "If you apply for a bursary with your PGCE and are successful, can you get SFE funding?" but the title was a *little* too long.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Title is SUPPOSED to say "If I apply for a bursary with my PGCE and am successful, can I get SFE funding?"

Hey Guys;

Well I am curious but, I am on my way to either a 2:1 or a First so far going by my current grades but am in my second year so, could go either way but will push for that first.

Anyway, I want to teach Biology with Chemistry on the side at secondary school level and am doing a Biomedical Science degree.
I have looked into funding for the year long course and was wondering, should for whatever reason the bursary not be enough, would I be eligible for a small loan from SFE of say, not more than £1,500?

EDIT:
The title could use some work, please don't judge me... =l
Initial title was supposed to be "If you apply for a bursary with your PGCE and are successful, can you get SFE funding?" but the title was a *little* too long.

Yes you should be :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending