The Student Room Group

My friends always say things about my girlfriend?

I've been with her for 4 months now and I do have a full time job too. The reason I'm telling you this is because before I got my girlfriend I hardly saw my friends anyway, I'd maybe go out at the weekend to the pub or whatever but it's not like I saw them all the time. I only get two days off so I use them days to see my girlfriend. Plus I hardly want to go out at the weekend anymore because I'm just never in the mood plus my friends take drugs a lot on a night out and I've stopped doing that since I got a girlfriend plus I didn't really like it anyway.

Anyways problem is now that I don't go out my friends says I've changed, that I never make an effort with them anymore. They always say nasty things about my girlfriend or sexual things about her and it winds me up because they should be saying stuff about me not my girlfriend. I understand if we was to ever brake up that they would the people I would be going back to but thing is the way there acting is really getting me down.

They always say I'm under the thumb, and like I said just saying things about my girlfriend. I'm just really stressed out at the minute, I do go out sometimes just to see them and keep them happy but it's like I can't even have a girlfriend without them having a go at me. Like I'm so happy with my girlfriend but I've always got the worry of my friends at the back of my mind. How can I not let it effect me or what shall I do about all this?
Reply 1
Original post by Calpol19
I've been with her for 4 months now and I do have a full time job too. The reason I'm telling you this is because before I got my girlfriend I hardly saw my friends anyway, I'd maybe go out at the weekend to the pub or whatever but it's not like I saw them all the time. I only get two days off so I use them days to see my girlfriend. Plus I hardly want to go out at the weekend anymore because I'm just never in the mood plus my friends take drugs a lot on a night out and I've stopped doing that since I got a girlfriend plus I didn't really like it anyway.

they are mad because you stopped taking drugs with them since you got a girlfriend. simple as that. just ignore them, they aren't worth your time. i could imagine what they say behind your back.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Calpol19

Anyways problem is now that I don't go out my friends says I've changed, that I never make an effort with them anymore. They always say nasty things about my girlfriend or sexual things about her and it winds me up because they should be saying stuff about me not my girlfriend. I understand if we was to ever brake up that they would the people I would be going back to but thing is the way there acting is really getting me down.

They always say I'm under the thumb, and like I said just saying things about my girlfriend. I'm just really stressed out at the minute, I do go out sometimes just to see them and keep them happy but it's like I can't even have a girlfriend without them having a go at me. Like I'm so happy with my girlfriend but I've always got the worry of my friends at the back of my mind. How can I not let it effect me or what shall I do about all this?

If they're saying things like this, they don't sound like true friends at all and from your post it doesn't even sound that you enjoy hanging out with them very much. I wouldn't be happy if someone were talking that way about someone I loved and I certainly would want to be around them, I'd say either stick up for her and try get them to respect both you and your girlfriend or cut ties
Saying sexual things about your girlfriend?
Saying rude things about your girlfriend?

There's 'banter' and then there's sheer disrespect

You've found yourself a nice lady, ditch these idiots, don't sound like mates to me. Sorry but we both know they'll just drag you down.
Reply 4
They sound like such losers. I'd get new friends if I were you.
Reply 5
They don't sound like very good friends and it seems like you find spending time with them a chore. I would distance myself from these people.
They are not your friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending