The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Thank u so much 4 putting that web link up???

The classes on there sound wicked!!!

I adooooore my hip-hop dancing but have never had the opportunity in takin it any further than simply watchin - so that will be a definiate 4 me wen I get 2 kings in september!!!

Thank you xxx
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Dance society is great! You must join! I'm ballroom officer next year so if i can try and persuade you to come to that too.. it's always good fun! There are classes in the first term, then the second term is dedicated to rehearsals for the show, which is just before Easter. It's really good fun, we have a great social secretary next year who will organise some really great nights. We are the largest society at Kings and have the most fun!
:eek:

My god .... the show? Rehersals? Ur kidding me? lol. Didnt even tho there was a show???!!!

I would love to do the classes but I might give the show a miss lol. I could never get on stage infront of people and perform something ... scares the hell outta me? lol. Dont think ive got the balls OR the stomach lol.

Just thought id give the hip-hop thing a shot considering I love my hip-hop/ r 'n'b music????
XXX
Reply 4
Have the members usually danced before they join the society? Like since they were zero and do the moonwalk better than Michael Jackson? Just wondering :biggrin:
Reply 5
Omg that sounds excellent! I'd want to ake every class on that list given half the chance!
I did ballet & street jazz years ago & always regretted giving them up. Seriously, that is so cool. Definitely glad I'm picking KCL :biggrin:

xx
Reply 6
miss_sweetiepye
Thank u so much 4 putting that web link up???

The classes on there sound wicked!!!

I adooooore my hip-hop dancing but have never had the opportunity in takin it any further than simply watchin - so that will be a definiate 4 me wen I get 2 kings in september!!!

Thank you xxx

No prob :smile: Have you got accepted for definite at King's then?
Reply 7
ladydeborah
Dance society is great! You must join! I'm ballroom officer next year so if i can try and persuade you to come to that too.. it's always good fun! There are classes in the first term, then the second term is dedicated to rehearsals for the show, which is just before Easter. It's really good fun, we have a great social secretary next year who will organise some really great nights. We are the largest society at Kings and have the most fun!

I've always wanted to try ballroom dancing! If I go to King's I'll def. be checking that out :smile:
Reply 8
miss_sweetiepye
:eek:

My god .... the show? Rehersals? Ur kidding me? lol. Didnt even tho there was a show???!!!

I would love to do the classes but I might give the show a miss lol. I could never get on stage infront of people and perform something ... scares the hell outta me? lol. Dont think ive got the balls OR the stomach lol.

Just thought id give the hip-hop thing a shot considering I love my hip-hop/ r 'n'b music????
XXX

I love doing dance shows lol :biggrin:

Do anyone here do ballet as part of KCL's dance society? I'd be interested to hear more about it.
Reply 9
crazyirish
Omg that sounds excellent! I'd want to ake every class on that list given half the chance!
I did ballet & street jazz years ago & always regretted giving them up. Seriously, that is so cool. Definitely glad I'm picking KCL :biggrin:

xx

KCL will def. be one of my top choices.
Reply 10
ball room dancing? ill be joining the ballet club :wink:
Reply 11
^ Cool, might see you there sometime :wink: What level ballet do you do? :smile:
Reply 12
lol. hmm level 8?
Reply 13
As in Grade 8? I'm Grade 5 atm.
Reply 14
ok ill admit this before every1 actually thinks i do ballet....

...I dont do ballet lol

I was just messin :redface:
yea, im all set 2 start King's in sept as Im currently on my gap year and completed all my exams last summer.

Can we not just take part in the classes socially? rather than taking part and doing the show? x
Reply 16
Andersson
ok ill admit this before every1 actually thinks i do ballet....

...I dont do ballet lol

I was just messin :redface:

Lol, ok :wink:
Reply 17
miss_sweetiepye
yea, im all set 2 start King's in sept as Im currently on my gap year and completed all my exams last summer.

Can we not just take part in the classes socially? rather than taking part and doing the show? x

I'd imagine that would be possible, yeah.
You can take part in the lessons in the first term socially and to learn dance. Absolute beginners can go. For those of you interested in break dancing, we have a breakin' society which works closely with the dance society, and is always in our show. Of course you don't have to be in the show, but it is great fun!! There are always loads of you on stage, if you don't do any of the dances you must (well you don't have to) do the finale!! It's always great fun and the social aspect of the rehearsals and after show parties is great!

Crazyirish - you will love next year, the course you're doing (me too!) is great and so is the dance society! You'll really enjoy it.

I ramble on a bit when it comes to dance. :p:
Reply 19
ladydeborah

Crazyirish - you will love next year, the course you're doing (me too!) is great and so is the dance society! You'll really enjoy it.

I ramble on a bit when it comes to dance. :p:

Yay! :biggrin: thanks for that ladydeborah...seriously am so excited now I know there's a dance society! & a show!! haven't performed in a dance show for atleast 5 years but loved 'em when I was in them! :biggrin:

ooh & can i just ask ladydeborah, as you're doing the course I'm going onto :biggrin: , how is it? what are the people in your classes like? what areas do you cover? because I love the sound of the class anyway, just from the prospectus, but would be good to hear it from your perspective as a student =]
xx

Latest