The Student Room Group

What is your opinion about Tinder?

I am not actually aware of what Tinder is used for, but lots of my friends recommend it. What you guys think about it? HAve you encountered any problems with it?

Scroll to see replies

It has a few bugs on it
Original post by VibezCreepy
It has a few bugs on it

You mean "male" bugs :wink: :P
Original post by wadekelsey
I am not actually aware of what Tinder is used for, but lots of my friends recommend it. What you guys think about it? HAve you encountered any problems with it?

It's the new app for getting laid basically. It's for hooking up temporarily not commitment
Original post by nightwing51214
It's the new app for getting laid basically. It's for hooking up temporarily not commitment

I know a few of my friends that have met boyfriends/girlfriends on Tinder.... :smile:
its a waste of time if you want something worthwhile.
Not for guys that aren't attractive, presumably.
Original post by nightwing51214

That's not true. I've met lots of people not looking for hookups on tinder. But I guess if you swipe right on everyone you're bound to encounter sex crazed people and or freaks.
I large proportion of girls on Tinder aren't looking just for hookups on there. I know by experience.

... Or maybe I have a completely amazing personality that girls can't get enough of! :P >_> <_<
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope never used one
It's for desperate people, as with any dating site/app.
Original post by wadekelsey

Bear in mind that 95% of the people on here don't know what they're talking about...
Reply 12
Wow there are a lot of negative replies on here. Allow me to be a little more positive lol. It is a dating/hookup app. Men seem to be a lot more negative about it due to it being like the real world. There are way more guys than girls. Your profile, pics, bio and stuff definitely have to be above average to get a match. This app is not going to allow you to date "up". However if you can get your profile good then you can be swimming in dates. You can literally get a new girl every other night. If you decide to join then I would personally recommend finding a site or community that will give you tips. You can really make your profile a lot better with minor improvement. I personally like Modernmack.com. He has some good articles on dating, tinder, texting. It is all for men and its pretty great to see a site that is dedicated to university level guys. He even recommends a good book that I like that is basically all about Tinder. Sooo that turned into a rant lol. Sorry about that too much coffee. Anyways good luck if you try to get on it.
If you are really good at chatting up girls in clubs, then you should do well on it.
Average looking guys might not find it worth the hassle.
Reply 14
I give it 5 years before it's seen as something completely normal to date someone from the internet.

Lots of people met, lots of relationships formed because of online dating platforms including apps like Tinder and yes, a lot of people aren't looking for hookups on there. And I think it's great we now have a wider selection of possible partners instead of meeting them at a wedding/university/bar. Which means, we have a greater chance of finding the perfect match. So why not?
If you're male, be aware that there are a lot of female bugs/bots on there. Make sure the person you're talking to is a living, breathing human before getting comfy.

If you're female, again, be aware that there are a lot of female bugs/bots on there. Their existence can affect you too because some guys on there aren't very good at distinguishing the humans from the bots and if you give off the tiniest telltale sign of being a bot, they'll likely report you :frown: It happened to me and I was banned from Tindr for 9 days while they reviewed my account. Protip: Say something a bot wouldn't say - like a personal observation about his bio/pics.

EDIT: Aside from those pesky bots and overly suspicious guys, it's a really cool app, I think! Just exercise caution and remember your stranger danger training. Arrange to meet in a public place and don't give away too much personal information before meeting face to face.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lustawny
It's for desperate people, as with any dating site/app.

This. Why can't people just go up and chat in real life, are you that socially inept?
Reply 17
I would have said in general it was a colossal waste of time.
Original post by richpanda
This. Why can't people just go up and chat in real life, are you that socially inept?

Because you can approach much more girls in far less time on Tinder and don't end up wasting time with non-prospects. It's a time-efficiency thing.
It is terrible for minority males because women tend to be more discriminatory behind a screen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending