The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
You'll be fine :smile: what time is your test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

11:30, my instructor was like it's half term for the kids for 1 week lol so roads should be good for you at least.
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
11:30, my instructor was like it's half term for the kids for 1 week lol so roads should be good for you at least.

Ah good luck :biggrin:
Yeah the roads will be good for you lol. I had my lesson yesterday at 9! And considering it was bank holiday Monday the roads were pretty clear :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
Ah good luck :biggrin:
Yeah the roads will be good for you lol. I had my lesson yesterday at 9! And considering it was bank holiday Monday the roads were pretty clear :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously? haha this gives me a bit of hope, cuz of the roundabouts around here... :P
Thank you!
Seriously? haha this gives me a bit of hope, cuz of the roundabouts around here... :P
Thank you!

Yup haha. Ah that's good then :biggrin:
You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
I'm just going through the show me tell me questions, and was wondering if I get both wrong, will I get two minor faults or just one?

I have another lesson tomorrow at 9am for 1.5 hours, hoping to focus on manoeuvres as that's what I'm struggling at. I will then have another three lessons, plus one right before my test. Praying that's enough to master the manoeuvres....
Original post by fkx
I'm just going through the show me tell me questions, and was wondering if I get both wrong, will I get two minor faults or just one?

I have another lesson tomorrow at 9am for 1.5 hours, hoping to focus on manoeuvres as that's what I'm struggling at. I will then have another three lessons, plus one right before my test. Praying that's enough to master the manoeuvres....

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's just one minor fault, best to double check with your instructor :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 246
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's just one minor fault, best to double check with your instructor :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying, yes I'll ask him tomorrow.
Getting nervous now.
Original post by fkx
Thanks for replying, yes I'll ask him tomorrow.
Getting nervous now.

You're welcome :biggrin:
Aw when's your practical if you don't mind me asking? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The weather is horrible here...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _icecream
I bet it's a petrol car your driving, it has taken me ages to get the hang of feeling the biting point on a petrol. On a diesal car though I have no problem with

My diesel car practically drives itself because the biting point on the clutch is so easy, just getting to it makes the car go forward 😂

But for learning, I struggled with actually checking mirrors enough. Stalling isn't just a learner thing, whenever I drive a new car, I stall it when trying to pull away, it's just getting used to the car.
Original post by fkx

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get one minor if you get both questions wrong. :smile:

Best of luck!
Failed because She told me to take second exit and there was a car that stalled while roundabout was empty from the right as well. So took my chance but she said I should've waited anyway. So just 1 serious... Which sucks so badly lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is shame, better luck next time. :biggrin:

Failed because She told me to take second exit and there was a car that stalled while roundabout was empty from the right as well. So took my chance but she said I should've waited anyway. So just 1 serious... Which sucks so badly lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly it would be nice if with the modern cars allowed you to really hear what the engine is doing. With a classic you can hear it and easily understand what it's going through. This way you could quickly know how fast to rev to get into gear. These new things which sit their being more efficient in every way, and never breaking down are no fun....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know! Oh wells, I feel happy because the driving was good at least... Damn if only I waited for that car on the right -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 256
I know! Oh wells, I feel happy because the driving was good at least... Damn if only I waited for that car on the right -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear you failed :frown: I would have done the same as you in that situation though I think. I'm sure you'll pass next time though as you seem to have the driving part down perfectly. Its so easy to make a mistake during the driving test due to nerves and plus the examiners have strict rules on what qualifies as a pass and then major and minor faults :frown: you going to go back to lessons for a little while or are you just going to book your test again asap?
Original post by Spock's Socks
Sorry to hear you failed :frown: I would have done the same as you in that situation though I think. I'm sure you'll pass next time though as you seem to have the driving part down perfectly. Its so easy to make a mistake during the driving test due to nerves and plus the examiners have strict rules on what qualifies as a pass and then major and minor faults :frown: you going to go back to lessons for a little while or are you just going to book your test again asap?

My instructor said for the first time, the driving was awesome so I should book asap again, the only problem is.. it's a 2 month wait now :/ so I'm just gonna look for cancellations and if I do get an earlier time soon then I'll take two, 2 hour lessons and hopefully be ready.

Still gutted!!
Original post by Mochassassin
You get one minor if you get both questions wrong. :smile:

Best of luck!

Ah ok that's good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My instructor said for the first time, the driving was awesome so I should book asap again, the only problem is.. it's a 2 month wait now :/ so I'm just gonna look for cancellations and if I do get an earlier time soon then I'll take two, 2 hour lessons and hopefully be ready.

Still gutted!!

Oh no. Sorry to hear you failed :frown:! Best of luck next time though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending