The Student Room Group

Why do some girls and even guys in relationships do this?

Hey everyone,
I wanted to know your intake on this.
So sometimes when I would walk past a couple, just before we walk past each other to where we're face to face going opposite ways, I'd notice that at first as they are walking down they are not holding hands or showing any sorts of affection however as we get closer they've seen me- just as we're about to pass each other (most of the time) the girlfriend would hold the guy's hand in and she'd even kiss him in front of me just before passing. Lol. Dudes do this too but rarely from my experience. I don't get it.
It's not that I mind so much but it makes me feel as if they think I may be chasing their boyfriends or something. Does anyone have an idea.
insecure little girls do this
I guess they want to show off what they have. A bit weird really.
Do you give her the impression that you like her, like often make eye contact?
My ex used to do that whenever a guy used to look at me or knew someone else was crushing on me.

Or maybe you're so sexy she has to be reminded that she has a boyfriend so she holds on to him for dear life.
Reply 4
Original post by Mayhem™
insecure little girls do this

Sad really.
So what about the guys that do this haha I wonder if it's to show they are taken though I am not interested.
Original post by Cherry82
Sad really.
So what about the guys that do this haha I wonder if it's to show they are taken though I am not interested.

they want to feel superior just because they have a partner
Reply 6
Original post by xobeauty
Do you give her the impression that you like her, like often make eye contact?
My ex used to do that whenever a guy used to look at me or knew someone else was crushing on me.

Or maybe you're so sexy she has to be reminded that she has a boyfriend so she holds on to him for dear life.

Lol I'm a straight female. I look at them both but not in the 'checking someone out' way but because we're passing each other :biggrin:
Reply 7
Once my ex girlfriend and I (when we were still dating) were walking past another couple and the guy put his arm around his girlfriend so I did the same with mine and it turned into a sort of affection contest, haha
Reply 8
I usually push my girlfriend over to make way for the hotty, works better if there's a ditch, then i'm like 'ditched yo'
Reply 9
It's an ownership display. Are you an absolute babe?
Never seen this happen tbh
Original post by Cherry82
Lol I'm a straight female. I look at them both but not in the 'checking someone out' way but because we're passing each other :biggrin:

That's so dumb, why would you want your boyfriend to see your insecurity like that.
My guess is you're stunning, or you have staring problems that you're not aware of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending