The Student Room Group

Student Finance and name change?

I apologize in advance if this is a long post/too much information but I didn't want to leave anything out. So;

I have applied for student finance and am currently in the process of proving estrangement from my parents. I haven't see my father since I was 3 and my mother since I was 14. Its going well, I just need to get a letter from my doctor confirming this and Im all set!

However, I also want to change my name (first and last) and I was wondering if I should do that after I've successfully proved estrangement? If I do it before it might make the process longer, but if I do it after a few months down the line (after estrangement has been proved and STEngland are happy etc.) will the evidence I provided still be valid even though I would have changed my name months after I provided everything? I know I probably won't have too, but I just wanted to make sure as its constantly on my mind.

Please offer any advice or thoughts.
Thanks for the advice! Its much appreciated.
Definitely don't do it before as it will complicate the process. Wait until everything has been approved. If you want detailed and professional advice then visit the citizens advice bureau, that's what they're there for!
Reply 2
Original post by georgiaswift
Definitely don't do it before as it will complicate the process. Wait until everything has been approved. If you want detailed and professional advice then visit the citizens advice bureau, that's what they're there for!

Ah thank you! I've just had a lot of people say do it before even though to me that sounded like it would complicate things (like you said), so you've really made me worry a lot less *hugs* :smile:

Thanks again, and I'll definitely visit the Citizens advice bureau!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending