Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Toxic Relationships. Putting me down. ADVICE Watch

ReputationRep:
    So me and my boyfriend at the time dated for a year and a half. We broke up due to several reasons. ( quite bad ). We still do care and love eachother . He's changed though a lot, I feel like he doesn't value me and my feelings anymore.

We're watching a movie just the 2 of us tomorrow because I've just passed my driving test and have been insured on my mums car . And he said to me " you were the first I had in the car when I got insured . You better take me out first too". So that's why we're going to watch a film. So that I can pick him up.

He went to watch a movie today with his friends--
    I asked who he went with. Cause he mentioned it was his old school lot.
    He turns around and says if I wanna go out with girls I would have gone to the party on Saturday but I didn't . You're insecurities do this all the time .
    Blah blah.

It's true I am insecure cause he has put me down about my weight in the past. But this moment I was genuinely asking regarding his old school mates.

ADVICE NEEDED:

How do I act tomorrow evening when I get him? Cause my mood right now is so off. I don't even want to see him . But he's bought the tickets.

What can I do to make him feel bad for the way he's treated me seeing as he doesn't understand by telling him and crying.

If he puts his arm around me how can I prevent it without causing a scene ?

Sorry it's so long. It's a toxic relationship I've been in. He's really play mind games with me . It's hard to walk away.. I was thinking of just having music really loud in the car to and from there . Lol
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by fearless96)
    So me and my boyfriend at the time dated for a year and a half. We broke up due to several reasons. ( quite bad ). We still do care and love eachother . He's changed though a lot, I feel like he doesn't value me and my feelings anymore.

We're watching a movie just the 2 of us tomorrow because I've just passed my driving test and have been insured on my mums car . And he said to me " you were the first I had in the car when I got insured . You better take me out first too". So that's why we're going to watch a film. So that I can pick him up.

He turns around and says if I wanna go out with girls I would have gone to the party on Saturday but I didn't . You're insecurities do this all the time .
    Blah blah.

It's true I am insecure cause he has put me down about my weight in the past. But this moment I was genuinely asking regarding his old school mates.

ADVICE NEEDED:

How do I act tomorrow evening when I get him? Cause my mood right now is so off. I don't even want to see him . But he's bought the tickets.

What can I do to make him feel bad for the way he's treated me seeing as he doesn't understand by telling him and crying.

Sorry it's so long. It's a toxic relationship I've been in. He's really play mind games with me . It's hard to walk away.. I was thinking of just having music really loud in the car to and from there . Lol
    You shouldn't be going by the sounds of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You shouldn't be going by the sounds of it.
    This thread was posted in the early hours of the morning and she received substantial advice, i'm pretty sure it has been posted before and likely will be posted again.

Everyone (including myself) agreed with you.

Either a bad troll or slightly ill.

Edit: My bad this is an old thread. Why are you responding to this one and not the other one? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a bad idea going. You've said yourself you don't want to go and also this guy is your ex who didn't treat you well.

If you still have feelings for him I don't think it'd be wise driving somewhere with him. It might draw out your feelings further which isn't good.

A ticket shouldn't hold you back from not going. He can easily find someone else to go with him.

ReputationRep:
    I tried saying "don't be rude" to some people I know when they start ripping on me, it's so blunt it works. They just give a look and that's it.

On a very serious note, what I've learnt is there's nothing wrong with loneliness it's the fear of loneliness. The longer you stay with this guy, the more lonely you're gonna feel.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by fearless96)

Blah blah.

ADVICE NEEDED:

Why are you even agreeing to do all this with him when all he does is put you down. I'd rather be single than put up with someone doing that to me, sounds like you are going with him for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    This thread was posted in the early hours of the morning and she received substantial advice, i'm pretty sure it has been posted before and likely will be posted again.

Everyone (including myself) agreed with you.

Either a bad troll or slightly ill.

Edit: My bad this is an old thread. Why are you responding to this one and not the other one? :lol:
    I'm slightly new to the student room. I didn't think it got posted before x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.