The Student Room Group

Eu: In or out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marinara pizza
lol what

you need to read more and learn some gunmanship as the war is almost certainly coming
i'm mean i'm ready have been preparing for the last 6 years
training my weaponry skills and hoarding the most powerful materials available enough to turn anyone to support you
Original post by jamesthehustler
you need to read more and learn some gunmanship as the war is almost certainly coming
i'm mean i'm ready have been preparing for the last 6 years
training my weaponry skills and hoarding the most powerful materials available enough to turn anyone to support you

loool thanks for the laugh
Original post by The gains kinggg

Why're you tagging us? :s-smilie:
Original post by iEthan
Why're you tagging us? :s-smilie:

Maybe to see if you're as heavily in as your bosses tell you to make the site :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Maybe to see if you're as heavily in as your bosses tell you to make the site :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 'bosses' have absolutely nothing to do with the ST's political views :toofunny: but, to add to your conspiracy… I'm on the remain side of things. :shock:
Original post by iEthan
The 'bosses' have absolutely nothing to do with the ST's political views :toofunny: but, to add to your conspiracy… I'm on the remain side of things. :shock:

Although, mildly related, are there any plans to try to get somebody pro brexit to do a Q&A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Although, mildly related, are there any plans to try to get somebody pro brexit to do a Q&A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Puddles was saying about this before in another thread :yes: TSR (the company) have approached a few pro-brexit campaigners and have either been declined the opportunity or haven't got a response yet. Fingers crossed. :bigsmile: It would be nice to hear from both sides!
Original post by string210
Apparently according to paper's i've read recently it suggests alot of students are going to vote in, and the majority of brexiters are middle aged to pensioners.
I'm personally a brexiter but apparently i'm in the minority. Also if we did vote to leave, who would be prime minister , david cameron or someone else?

So doing a few straw poll's because i'm interested so see if that's true.

Brexit so we are not ruled from Brussels in 10-40 yrs. As a postgrad I feel very old and should escape uni in a couple of months so I can be young again.

Cameron will go, Leave or Remain, at the next election. If Leave he will be replaced, if Remain there are a lot of people who would not go near the Tories or Labour again for their campaign villainy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iEthan
Puddles was saying about this before in another thread :yes: TSR (the company) have approached a few pro-brexit campaigners and have either been declined the opportunity or haven't got a response yet. Fingers crossed. :bigsmile: It would be nice to hear from both sides!

ill do it
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Brexiter here.I got the IN leaflet yesterday. Wrote "Send to 10 Downing Street and tell the PM he's an idiot."Never felt so liberated.

Original post by Audrey18

Spoiler

Your choice of words show that you have no respect for the office of the Prime Minister. After writing what you wrote on the leaflet, did you actually send it back to Downing Street?So tell me. Why are you against UK staying in the EU?

Problem with that?

No because I doubt it would've reached there tbh.

Spoiler

So you write letters and you don't send them out? Do you happen to write emails and not send them out too?

You are always copying things from other forms of social media, posting them here and passing them off as your own. Do you not have any sense of originality?

Are you an Indian? So you're a first generation British? Your parents were born in India then? Under which scheme did they come to UK by?
(A) Are they millionaires who have contributed to the British economy?
(B) Are they industrialists who have opened factories in UK to create more jobs for the millions of Brits that are unemployed?
(C) Are they university lecturers who were so top in their game that the British government headhunted them and placed them at some top UK universities?
(D) Or were they just ordinary human beings who wanted to provide a better life for their future generations so they hopped onto the next flight out of Mumbai to London?

If your answer is option (D) then you have no right to quibble about

Europeans who want to come to UK to seek a better life even if it means that they're not going to find work but are bent on living their new lives entirely on benefits, getting a council home, having multiple children, sending them to school where they don't have to pay school fees, getting free medical treatment, at the cost of the obedient taxpayer etc

Muslims who come to UK to seek a better life from harsher regimes back home even if it means that they are not going to integrate with the UK society, live under Shariah law ever though UK is a christian country, not going to seek work, live their entire lives purely by claiming benefits, having multiple children, sending them to school where they don't have to pay school fees, getting free medical treatment, at the cost of the obedient taxpayer etc

The British government welcomes one and all to set up shop and start their new lives in the UK regardless if they are going to seek employment or just live off the government. If the Government has no problem with that, I don't see why you should.
So you write letters and you don't send them out? Do you happen to write emails and not send them out too?

You are always copying things from other forms of social media, posting them here and passing them off as your own. Do you not have any sense of originality?

Are you an Indian? So you're a first generation British? Your parents were born in India then? Under which scheme did they come to UK by?
(A) Are they millionaires who have contributed to the British economy?
(B) Are they industrialists who have opened factories in UK to create more jobs for the millions of Brits that are unemployed?
(C) Are they university lecturers who were so top in their game that the British government headhunted them and placed them at some top UK universities?
(D) Or were they just ordinary human beings who wanted to provide a better life for their future generations so they hopped onto the next flight out of Mumbai to London?

If your answer is option (D) then you have no right to quibble about

Europeans who want to come to UK to seek a better life even if it means that they're not going to find work but are bent on living their new lives entirely on benefits, getting a council home, having multiple children, sending them to school where they don't have to pay school fees, getting free medical treatment, at the cost of the obedient taxpayer etc

Muslims who come to UK to seek a better life from harsher regimes back home even if it means that they are not going to integrate with the UK society, live under Shariah law ever though UK is a christian country, not going to seek work, live their entire lives purely by claiming benefits, having multiple children, sending them to school where they don't have to pay school fees, getting free medical treatment, at the cost of the obedient taxpayer etc

The British government welcomes one and all to set up shop and start their new lives in the UK regardless if they are going to seek employment or just live off the government. If the Government has no problem with that, I don't see why you should.

I could say the same thing about you or anyone else on here. Passing them off as my own? If I have a similar/same view of someone on social media it doesn't mean I've copied it and passed it off as "my own".

And are you seriously comparing letters and emails? Emails you can sit down and type away and literally just press a button. Letters involve getting a stamp and going down to a postbox which is effort.

I'm mixed race. Both my parents are European by birth. My dad's an accountant at a London uni. My mum was a doctor. Both of them integrated into British society.

I've seen so many of your posts saying how the migrant crisis has affected Germany for the worse and how everything's unchecked etc and I've agreed with you wholeheartedly. Most Indians over here have integrated as have a lot of Muslims. But the events in Germany have shown otherwise surely? Even if I was the child of immigrants then it doesn't mean I should be for uncontrolled immigration which is what the situation Europe is in anyway. You should come to England and check out the situation here. And read up on articles on Eastern European immigration here. Eastern European immigrants who have come here for a "better life" are more likely to get jailed. Why don't you read up on what uncontrolled immigration has done to the UK? Look up the Rotherham case and look up some documentary about how ISIS supporters here are living off benefits and yet they want Islam to be the UK's main religion. So yes,my belief is people like that should be kicked out.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/25/eastern-european-immigration-crime-britain

If I'm giving you the impression that I'm against immigration full stop then you're wrong in thinking that. I'm fine with immigration but only if the person has had their background check with any criminal records and if they've shown they can be productive. My parents, integrated well and haven't caused city centres a no go area.

I dislike the British government and can if I want. Shame you have Merkel tbh. You never answered my question about staying or leaving in the EU btw.

And if it makes you feel better, I posted the leaflet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 152

So you're saying that we shouldn't disagree with the government?
Original post by iEthan

Of course they declined, they don't want to embarrass themselves. Just look what happened when they went on TV and were asked to name a study that showed them better-off - they couldn't. The leave campaign avoid any media they can't buy, because any sort of intelligent discussion shows how nonsensical their brainwashing campaign really is.
Original post by JordanL_
Of course they declined, they don't want to embarrass themselves. Just look what happened when they went on TV and were asked to name a study that showed them better-off - they couldn't. The leave campaign avoid any media they can't buy, because any sort of intelligent discussion shows how nonsensical their brainwashing campaign really is.

Just look at the debates where they tend to be regarded as the winners, and it would be hard for them to do worse than Izzard did, a 10 year old could do better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I could say the same thing about you or anyone else on here. Passing them off as my own? If I have a similar/same view of someone on social media it doesn't mean I've copied it and passed it off as "my own".

And are you seriously comparing letters and emails? Emails you can sit down and type away and literally just press a button. Letters involve getting a stamp and going down to a postbox which is effort.

I'm mixed race. Both my parents are European by birth. My dad's an accountant at a London uni. My mum was a doctor. Both of them integrated into British society.

I've seen so many of your posts saying how the migrant crisis has affected Germany for the worse and how everything's unchecked etc and I've agreed with you wholeheartedly. Most Indians over here have integrated as have a lot of Muslims. But the events in Germany have shown otherwise surely? Even if I was the child of immigrants then it doesn't mean I should be for uncontrolled immigration which is what the situation Europe is in anyway. You should come to England and check out the situation here. And read up on articles on Eastern European immigration here. Eastern European immigrants who have come here for a "better life" are more likely to get jailed. Why don't you read up on what uncontrolled immigration has done to the UK? Look up the Rotherham case and look up some documentary about how ISIS supporters here are living off benefits and yet they want Islam to be the UK's main religion. So yes,my belief is people like that should be kicked out.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/25/eastern-european-immigration-crime-britain

If I'm giving you the impression that I'm against immigration full stop then you're wrong in thinking that. I'm fine with immigration but only if the person has had their background check with any criminal records and if they've shown they can be productive. My parents, integrated well and haven't caused city centres a no go area.

I dislike the British government and can if I want. Shame you have Merkel tbh. You never answered my question about staying or leaving in the EU btw.

And if it makes you feel better, I posted the leaflet.

Let's break it down into tiny chewable pieces for you so you don't gasp for air.

1) I have a mind of my own. The things I post on these forum are new and will never be found anywhere else on the net. You have since Day 1 simply lifted things from other websites and posted them here and passed them off as your own. Clearly you're not at uni yet cos if you were you would appreciate the importance of citation.

And don't you know its fatal to start off a counter argument with an assertion like the one you made when you said
I could say the same thing about you or anyone else on here.

I think you should apologize to other members here for making such an allegation. Bad bad Mrs Cooper :tongue:

Look up the Rotherham case and look up some documentary about how ISIS supporters here are living off benefits and yet they want Islam to be the UK's main religion. So yes,my belief is people like that should be kicked out.

2) I just read up about Rotherham and wow this is shocking. How did the police not do anything when so many thousand girls were being treated worse than animals? But I still find it offensive that you would insinuate that there are only Muslim sex gangs thriving in UK. The sexual predators are of varying nationalities, ethnicity and religion. It is not solely confined to Muslims alone. Yes the bad people in Rotherham sexual grooming of thousands of girls have been named and shamed and are now in jail but you can't just limit sexual grooming gangs to Muslims alone. That's an unfair observation.

I think you should apologize to the thousands of Muslims members of this forum here for making such an insinuation.

I dislike the British government and can if I want.

You can always pack your bags and leave. There are millions of refugees, millions of Muslims & Christians from war torn areas and thousands of terrorists posing as innocent migrant workers who all want to come to the UK. With you and those like you leaving the UK for good, it would free up more space for the incoming batch of people.

Original post by Josb
So you're saying that we shouldn't disagree with the government?

I have no idea how old you are, what you've been made to read, watch & hear as part of the brainwashing process called 'education', how good your British history is, what your ideology is, whether you possess the ability to think in broader strokes etc.

You can disagree with the government but each time you do that it would be like taking two steps forward and then two steps back. It's not that your government doesn't want to listen to you. The truth is they're clueless. Look at them Ministers. They don't know what hardship is, they've never worked in real jobs like stacking shelves or being a rubbish collector etc. So they just make policy decisions and you the citizens will simply have to suck it up and live with it.

Labour was in charge for 13 years. They allowed millions of sri lankans, pakistanis, bangladeshis and indians to come to the UK

without checking if they are holding genuine passports

without checking if they have real skills or genuine qualifications

without checking if they have links to terrorist groups

without checking if they have criminal records in their home countries

without checking if they have HIV/AIDS

Someone recently asked me why should people wanting to enter into another country, be checked for HIV/AIDS? This is because the government owes a duty to its citizens to protect them from people who may want to infect others with their communicable diseases. This is an extension of a 'social contract theory'. Read up on it if you have time. Educate yourself.

Yes, you can disagree with your government but the problem is the ministers haven't got a clue about the issue at hand in the first place. I'll provide you with one example here.

[video="youtube;Zr2g_lgyrvY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr2g_lgyrvY[/video]
Original post by Davij038
In.

What it comes down to is two competing Visions of Britain.

A more social democrat style Britain like in Europe

Or a more Free Trader style Britain like in the U.S.

Personally I think. And think that the majority of the British feel the European model represents Britain than the U.S. One, which is why they're trying to sell this idea that they're going to save the NHS when before they've advocated selling it off.

It's good to know the EU globalists currently pushing TTIP on Paris who rejected it, after Obama ordered them to, put our public services in such democratic, accountable, and concerned hands.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
It's good to know the EU globalists currently pushing TTIP on Paris who rejected it, after Obama ordered them to, put our public services in such democratic, accountable, and concerned hands.

Meh. You think the neoliberal's in the Out Campaign are any better?

In any case:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/leaving-the-eu-will-not-save-britain-from-horrible-ttip-caroline-lucas-warns-a7053921.html
All the major financial services firms and investment banks want Britain to stay in the EU. Let's stay for the sake of one of our biggest exports.
I look at those pictures @Audrey18 and I see a majority of individuals of immigrant background. To deny a link to immigration in the Rotherham attacks is disingenuous.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending