The Student Room Group

She suggested we go for drinks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Banana00
I agree; so long as you're not clingy or childish in showing your enthusiasm (I don't mean to say that you would be, just as a precaution), then there's no reason why you shouldn't express your excitement. After all, it's better than acting as though you're not bothered at all! :h::h:

Don't get me wrong I am over the moon that she suggested going for drinks I never thought she'd agree to anything like that so I am excited. I wouldn't say I'm childish or clingy so hopefully this will work in my favour.
Reply 21
didn't read thread

in future though don't ask people whether they'd date you or not

it comes across like a cry for positive affirmation and makes you look insecure
Original post by Anonymous
Could it not put her off?

it will put her off. be happy and stuff but don't be like "omg omg i like u soo much!!". just play it cool. behave the way that got her to like you in the first place, don't suddenly act like this is the biggest thing in the world becuase she'll then see herself as your better, not your equal.

I know its hard man, currently in the process of getting out of this friendzone i'm in (and it seems to be going well) and its bare hard to act chill but mans gotta do what mans gotta do
'Would you ever date me?' is a pretty beta way to ask a girl out.
But you're lucky she probably likes you so you're fine
Original post by banterboy
it will put her off. be happy and stuff but don't be like "omg omg i like u soo much!!". just play it cool. behave the way that got her to like you in the first place, don't suddenly act like this is the biggest thing in the world becuase she'll then see herself as your better, not your equal.

I know its hard man, currently in the process of getting out of this friendzone i'm in (and it seems to be going well) and its bare hard to act chill but mans gotta do what mans gotta do

I will play it cool but obviously if we do meet up for drinks she will already know that I like her because I asked her if she would date me.
Reply 25
Haha bless, I feel like you need a female perspective, you should go out for drinks with her for sure because which girl doesn't wanna feel like she's desired? Just act normally on your date, how you'd normally talk to her, maybe be a bit more intimate with eye contact etc.. but only if she is giving it back. Let her lead it and listen to what she has to say, good luck !
Original post by BirdIsWord
'Would you ever date me?' is a pretty beta way to ask a girl out.
But you're lucky she probably likes you so you're fine

I realise it was beta of me to say it but I just thought I'd straight out ask her.
Original post by etata
Haha bless, I feel like you need a female perspective, you should go out for drinks with her for sure because which girl doesn't wanna feel like she's desired? Just act normally on your date, how you'd normally talk to her, maybe be a bit more intimate with eye contact etc.. but only if she is giving it back. Let her lead it and listen to what she has to say, good luck !

Listening to her will be easy enough because when we have spoken on skype she's always commented about how great I am to talk to. Do you think there is the possibility that she likes me?
Original post by Lord Kitchener
Send a dick pic

This.

never fails. It's like the D has some sort of hypnotic power.

@OP.
The "Would you date me?" was pretty cringe.
If you survived that, it's looking good.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
Yeah, obviously I can't make a proper judgement but from what you've said it seems like she's interested. If you talk on Skype you must be pretty close, so you might just transition out of the friend zone naturally tbh - depends how your date goes I guess
Also, you're the man here, so you need to take control.

"Cool, may I suggest <date and time> ? Perhaps meet at this location? I know a nice place."
Original post by etata
Yeah, obviously I can't make a proper judgement but from what you've said it seems like she's interested. If you talk on Skype you must be pretty close, so you might just transition out of the friend zone naturally tbh - depends how your date goes I guess

We first started off just texting and then I suggested skype because it was difficult for us to arrange to get together and see each other again. But we have grown very close over the past few months.
Original post by RhaegoTarg

@OP.
The "Would you date me?" was pretty cringe.
If you survived that, it's looking good.

I never thought about it that way.
Reply 33
Original post by RhaegoTarg
Also, you're the man here, so you need to take control.

"Cool, may I suggest <date and time> ? Perhaps meet at this location? I know a nice place."

^^ Yeah that's very true, I rate this
Original post by etata
^^ Yeah that's very true, I rate this

This might be difficult because we live two hours away and I suggested going to see her at some point to which she then suggested going for a drink. Obviously she'll be suggesting where we go but I can suggest when I go to see her I imagine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending