Disappointed despite getting in to first choice uni? Watch

georgiaTK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is anyone else disappointed with their results, even if you got in to their first choice university?

I got my results today and I came out with ABB. This was enough to get in to my first choice uni (despite the fact their original offer was AAA) but I know that I could have done better. I had been getting A*s and full marks in mocks and practice exams so to get two Bs is a huge disappointment.

I keep getting told I shouldn't care because I got in but I can't help but feel dissatisfied. Has this happened to other people?
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by georgiaTK)
Is anyone else disappointed with their results, even if you got in to their first choice university?

I got my results today and I came out with ABB. This was enough to get in to my first choice uni (despite the fact their original offer was AAA) but I know that I could have done better. I had been getting A*s and full marks in mocks and practice exams so to get two Bs is a huge disappointment.

I keep getting told I shouldn't care because I got in but I can't help but feel dissatisfied. Has this happened to other people?
This has happened to many people. The feeling of disappointment will pass, and soon you will be looking forward to an exciting new phase in your life.
username2130115
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When you graduate from university no one will give two ****s about your A-Levels.
Why bother staring into the past when you can walk into the future? Its stupid
Pinkberry_y
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by georgiaTK)

I mean you could get a remark if it means that much to you but can you think of what could've gone wrong in the exam or any coursework you did?
alexp98
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Raees_Sharif)
When you graduate from university no one will give two ****s about your A-Levels.
Why bother staring into the past when you can walk into the future? Its stupid
That's a common myth- they really do and many even use ucas filters now but ops results are fine for them anyway as they're normally 280-300 points
DS815
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How about resitting them alongside Uni (unless they are based on coursework also?). If you've done most of the learning, then it's only some more revision and a few hours out next summer term to get the upgrade....
Cellular-Suicide
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im exactly in the same boat (well nearly). I was predicted AAA came out with ABB. I was really surprised and disappointed. However I was able to secure an offer for a course that requires AAA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.63%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.88%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (135)
16.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (245)
30.63%

Watched Threads