The Student Room Group

The TSR Official Theory Test Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I've got my theory on the 9th, week friday.

Really worried about this, multiple choice or no multiple choice, I'm rubbish at exams, if it wasn't for coursework my gcses would of all been D's and E's, my mind just goes blank :frown:

I'm rubbish at remembering things!
Lantick
I've got my theory on the 9th, week friday.

Really worried about this, multiple choice or no multiple choice, I'm rubbish at exams, if it wasn't for coursework my gcses would of all been D's and E's, my mind just goes blank :frown:

I'm rubbish at remembering things!

Aww don't worry, lots of it is common sense! :smile:
Reply 202
Pony Jack
Aww don't worry, lots of it is common sense! :smile:

Yeah I know, just it's the fact that it's nearly £30 each time if I fail and at the moment I can just about afford to get myself to College each day on the train.

So this test does have me bricking it!
Reply 203
November 22nd soonest I could get. Can't wait...
Reply 204
Oh its really easy, if you prepare well. I have a 3-year out of date practise dvd and it got me through mine! In fact, i got 50/50 on the multiple choice part. Alot of it is common sense to be honest. But others you do need to revise for. Remember the ABC for accidents (Airway, breathing, circulation) because they almost always ask that. Good luck! I just need to go in for my practical now...dum de dum :tongue:.
I'm just going to bump this up for those who need advice on there theory test :smile:
Reply 206
Sorry about old thread,being brought up, but maybe it should be stickied?

I had a suprise this morning, to be informed my parents had secretly booked my theory test for tommorow! So been practising all day, insted of revising for ASs, Argh! But my question is, my test is at 5.45pm at night, is this correct. I mean being so late?

Sun!
Sun!
I had a suprise this morning, to be informed my parents had secretly booked my theory test for tommorow! So been practising all day, insted of revising for ASs, Argh! But my question is, my test is at 5.45pm at night, is this correct. I mean being so late?

There's no reason why it shouldn't be at 5:45 PM, provided that the test centre you are going to is open at that time.
It's hardly going to be 5:45 AM, so unless it's 15:45 (and it's been misread), I can't see what other time it would be.

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 208
No it says 05.45 PM. I was wondering icase someone had made a mistake on something, Thanks.
Reply 209
i have my theory test on tuesday and have not done very much work for it, i have read through most of the highway code and am about to learn the road signs and do all the questions. I don't have any form of learning the hazard perception though. I really wanted to change it but was away until after the final day of changing so couldnt do it. What are the chances of me passing if i blitz it tonight and tomorrow?
FTC199
i have my theory test on tuesday and have not done very much work for it, i have read through most of the highway code and am about to learn the road signs and do all the questions. I don't have any form of learning the hazard perception though. I really wanted to change it but was away until after the final day of changing so couldnt do it. What are the chances of me passing if i blitz it tonight and tomorrow?

Quite high!

Go to town tomorrow and buy this;

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=-1;6;42;-1&sku=681578&WT.ac=PC+Games-LHTMN-Top+10+Best+Sellers-681578

Very useful and very cheap.
woop woop, i passed my theory test today. First time and i got 50/50 on the questions :biggrin: I don't no how i did it, i was pooing my panties haha but i did it!!!

Thought Id just share that with TSR, becuase im kind like that lol
Congrats :biggrin:
Let's try and use this thread abit more too:smile:
Argh I booked my theory the other day for August 5th (2 days after my 17th) because I was fed up with all of my friends driving already so I thought I'd try and get ahead of the game haha. I've passed loads of mocks on the question side of things (I keep getting 49/50) but I'm bricking it about the hazard perception. Will I be at a disadvantage because I haven't actually been driving? I'm so scared haha
adarklingplain
Argh I booked my theory the other day for August 5th (2 days after my 17th) because I was fed up with all of my friends driving already so I thought I'd try and get ahead of the game haha. I've passed loads of mocks on the question side of things (I keep getting 49/50) but I'm bricking it about the hazard perception. Will I be at a disadvantage because I haven't actually been driving? I'm so scared haha

No, the Hazard Perception is all about technique, you don't need to have driven to pass it.
Have you got the Hazard Perception DVD? Doing the examples on there would be helpful.
alex_hk90
No, the Hazard Perception is all about technique, you don't need to have driven to pass it.
Have you got the Hazard Perception DVD? Doing the examples on there would be helpful.

I've got the Driving Test Success 2008/2009 dvd thing on pre order, it comes out Monday haha. I've heard that series is pretty good.
Reply 217
I passed my Theory, as I got 50/50 in the multiple choice section and 46/75
for the Hazard's perception.
QE5
I passed my Theory, as I got 50/50 in the multiple choice section and 46/75
for the Hazard's perception.

Well done! :smile:
Reply 219
Thanks, the Hazard perception part of the test is a hit and miss. it's definitely harder than the multiple choice questions. The Hazards on the real thing are easier to spot than those on the CD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending