The Student Room Group

How can I be eligible for the full maintenance loan?

When I apply for SFE next year i'll be 25/26 and living with parents.
I won't be working due to the Access course i'm on. Or if I am it wont be any more than 1 or 2 days a week.

Will SFE class me as an independent and therefore be entitled to the full loan amount, or because i'll be partially sustaining myself with input from my parents/savings will they need to see my parents income as well?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by AccessToUni25
When I apply for SFE next year i'll be 25/26 and living with parents.
I won't be working due to the Access course i'm on. Or if I am it wont be any more than 1 or 2 days a week.

Will SFE class me as an independent and therefore be entitled to the full loan amount, or because i'll be partially sustaining myself with input from my parents/savings will they need to see my parents income as well?

Thanks

If you're 25+ you will automatically be assessed as independent, even if you still live with your parents. Your parents' income will not be taken into account.

If you will be going into a full-time degree, you will be assessed as having zero income, as SF will assume that you cannot work and earn any substantial amount of money. You should get the maximum Maintenance Loan for the "living at home" category.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending