The Student Room Group

Applying to a university but not going to open day

So, I'm not able to attend an open day to one of the universities I want to apply to. Is this a bad thing considering I wont have visited the university so wont know what the place is like or do people do it all the time?
Reply 1
Original post by ollie1024
So, I'm not able to attend an open day to one of the universities I want to apply to. Is this a bad thing considering I wont have visited the university so wont know what the place is like or do people do it all the time?

It's not a big issue... but if possible do try to go on an Applicant or Offer Holder Day instead.
Original post by ollie1024

Not at all. I couldn't make it to the open day of my university, because it was miles away from home. I picked it based on other peoples reviews and league tables. I then went to a post offer open day, which was incredibly informative. I reckon you learn a lot more at post offer open days than pre-offer ones.
Reply 3
Absolutely not a problem; I've only visited 2 of the 5 unis I'm applying to because I couldn't afford to visit any more. If you can, try to contact some current/past students of the course you want to do at the universities you're applying for and ask them about their experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending