The Student Room Group

Possible eviction

Hey everyone, this is just a quick question regarding uni accommodation rules. My flatmate let off some sort of smoke grenade/device in another person's kitchen and the fire alarm went off a few nights ago. The university people caught him on CCTV but nothings come through yet about it. Typically, how would the accommodation people deal with this sort of incident? Will he be evicted? Fined?
Cheers for any replies :smile:
Original post by Thomasunde92
Hey everyone, this is just a quick question regarding uni accommodation rules. My flatmate let off some sort of smoke grenade/device in another person's kitchen and the fire alarm went off a few nights ago. The university people caught him on CCTV but nothings come through yet about it. Typically, how would the accommodation people deal with this sort of incident? Will he be evicted? Fined?
Cheers for any replies :smile:

There will be terms and conditions in his agreement.
There will be a section on breaches of that agreement plus disciplinary procedures.
You are getting ahead of yourself when tlaking about eviction or termination of his agreement.
They will notify him if they are investigating or taking any action.
He should eb allowed the opportunity to put his side and then someone will make a decision.

Based on how serious they take it, then it could be from a fine upwards.

I would think a fine and a warning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending