The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RomaM99
Hiya!

I've just gotten into Surrey but it was my insurance choice. What happens about accommodation for those who put it as their insurance? Will I be able to get accommodation on campus?

Hey @RomaM99!

Congratulations on confirming your place! :party2:

If you want University accommodation, we advise that you apply for accommodation by Monday 21st August so that your application can be actioned as soon as possible. Please be aware that whilst you are not guaranteed campus accommodation, we will prioritise you for any spaces we have available. To make your application please go online to www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation/applying and follow the link. The Accommodation Team will give you an update on your application on Friday 25th August.

Hope this helps! :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by bluerain716
Biomedical science :smile:

I got an offer for biomed as well! :biggrin:
Original post by Suad_M5
I was just rejected and they told me they can't offer me any other place at surrey, is that entirely true. So, are they saying it's completely impossible at this stage ? I got BCD Thanks!

Hi @Suad_M5,

If you've spoken to the Admissions team then their decision is final. I would advise contacting your insurance choice or looking at Clearing options at other unis.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by mintpuppy
I got an offer for biomed as well! :biggrin:

Congrats @mintpuppy! :rave:

Looking forward to welcoming you to Surrey in a few weeks' time :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
(edited 6 years ago)
Accepted as insurance to study physics and astronomy.
Original post by LouisTheCabbage

Same for me :biggrin: so happy
Original post by LouisTheCabbage

@LouisTheCabbage fantastic news! Welcome to the Surrey family :wavey:

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by kraken18
Same for me :biggrin: so happy

Missed your comment earlier, sorry! Congrats @kraken18! :party:
Hi I miss my offer to Surrey by one grade, they offered me ABC and i got ABD. I got an A in maths and a B in computer science. I am 1 UMS off of a C in politics. I have sent it to be remarked. If it comes back as a C will Surrey still honour the offer they made to me.
Original post by sunman100
Hi I miss my offer to Surrey by one grade, they offered me ABC and i got ABD. I got an A in maths and a B in computer science. I am 1 UMS off of a C in politics. I have sent it to be remarked. If it comes back as a C will Surrey still honour the offer they made to me.

Hi @sunman100,

In this instance you'll have to call the Clearing Hotline on 0800 052 2248 (or +44 1483 68 6828 if you're calling from outside the UK). The Admissions Adviser manning the phone lines will be able to discuss your offer with you. Good luck! :biggrin:

All the best,
Ashley
Hi All,

We're going home for the evening after a verrrrry long day, but we'll be back bright and early tomorrow at 8am to answer your questions :biggrin:

Clearing lines will also open at 8am tomorrow.

All the best,
Ashley
I've got the grades i needed to get into Surrey but my place still hasn't been confirmed and wondering how long i should leave it till i ring up to see how my application is going? Also, when is accommodation in halls allocated? Sorry if these questions have been asked on this thread already.
Original post by ThinWhiteDuck
I've got the grades i needed to get into Surrey but my place still hasn't been confirmed and wondering how long i should leave it till i ring up to see how my application is going? Also, when is accommodation in halls allocated? Sorry if these questions have been asked on this thread already.

Accommodation in halls is allocated as soon as you receive your unconditional offer :smile: My room was confirmed for me 10 days later.
Where's everyone's accommodation? I got International House block K ☺️
Reply 454
Hi, is anyone staying at Manor Park Francis Crick?
Original post by ThinWhiteDuck

Hi @ThinWhiteDuck,

Give our admissions team a call tomorrow from 9am on 01483 682 222 and they'll check for you.

Allocations are being sent out throughout the week so if Surrey was your firm choice you should hear about yours by the end of the week :smile:

Emma
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi @ThinWhiteDuck,

Give our admissions team a call tomorrow from 9am on 01483 682 222 and they'll check for you.

Allocations are being sent out throughout the week so if Surrey was your firm choice you should hear about yours by the end of the week :smile:

Emma

i just logged into the surrey self service thing and saw that i needed to send in proof of my grades! so i think that might have been the hold up, i've sent them now anyway. Thankyou for your reply
Original post by NatashaH23
I received my confirmation today to study Bsc Psychology in September! I'm so thrilled :biggrin: Is anyone else here on the same course?

mee :smile:
Original post by NatashaH23
I received my confirmation today to study Bsc Psychology in September! I'm so thrilled :biggrin: Is anyone else here on the same course?

Same!!
Surrey have emailed me saying thwt if my grade goes up after a remark they will accept me but what am i going to do about accommodation as i currently can not apply until the remark comes
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending